FF:DU1661 Thesis Seminar - Course Information
DU1661 Thesis SeminarFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 15 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- prof. PhDr. Jiří Kroupa, CSc. (lecturer)
prof. Ivan Foletti, MA, Docteur es Lettres (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. Ondřej Jakubec, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. PhDr. Ladislav Kesner, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Radka Nokkala Miltová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. PhDr. Alena Pomajzlová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. PhDr. Lubomír Slavíček, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. Pavel Suchánek, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Jiří Kroupa, CSc.
Department of Art History - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: prof. PhDr. Jiří Kroupa, CSc.
Supplier department: Department of Art History - Faculty of Arts
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The aim of the subject is to provide basic knowledge for the writing B.A. thesis. In the thesis the student must demonstrate the ability to work independently in keeping with academic standards, a knowledge and understanding of the relevant scholarly literature and the ability to analyze the issue under study.
- 1. How to prepare a thesis in art history (architecture, early medieval art, early modern art, modern and contemporary art).
- 2. The choice of the topic and research problem.
- 3. Heuristics - literature and sources.
- 4. Working on the thesis and its structure.
- General assumptions are discussed by sub-branch specializations in the first part of the course; in the second part, the course is organized individually.
- recommended literature
- ECO, Umberto and Ivan SEIDL. Jak napsat diplomovou práci. Olomouc: Votobia, 1997. 271 s. ISBN 80-7198-173-7. info
- not specified
- • Further literature for the diploma thesis seminar is assigned on an individual basis based on the topic of the thesis. | (in Czech) Literatura pro diplomový seminář je předepsána individuálně podle tématu práce.
- Teaching methods
- Presentations, lectures, discussions, individual tutorials.
- Assessment methods
- The supervisor or advisor of the thesis approves the competence of a student who has to provide till the end of period of examination the project of a thesis (with a bibliography). The students should have incorporate the topic of their thesis in Uni-system latest by ending the course.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught each semester.
The course is taught: every other week.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2020/DU1661