FF:DU1725 French for art historians - Course Information
DU1725 French for art historiansFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Karolina Foletti, M.A. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Ivan Foletti, MA, Docteur es Lettres
Contact Person: doc. Ivan Foletti, MA, Docteur es Lettres
- Fri 14:00–15:40 K33
- The course is offered to the students of the History of art
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
The capacity limit for the course is 15 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 3/15, only registered: 0/15, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/15
- Course objectives
- This course is aimed at the enrichment of the French vocabulary concerning Art History. The goal is to expand language skills of the student and, above all, to develop the ability to work with the text.
- Learning outcomes
- Student will be able to:
- oriented himself in a French scientific text;
- with the help of the dictionary, the student will be able to understand such a text;
- Reading, lexical analysis and translation of the French artistic specialized texts will be the principal class activities. The course is dedicated to French and Mediterranean art. Lexical areas: 1) title and labels of paintings, 2) Genres: painting, sculpure, architecture, 3) portrait and other painting genres, 4) techniques
- Teaching methods
- Basic description of artistic terms, genres and iconography in French language. Students have the opportunity to be actively involved in the class activities by reading articles and texts on art history and artworks.
- Assessment methods
- A final written examination. Participation in the course is very recommended.
- Language of instruction
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2020/DU1725