FF:DU1726 German for Art Historians - Course Information
DU1726 Seminar: German for Art HistoriansFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Adrien Palladino, M.A., Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. Ivan Foletti, MA, Docteur es Lettres
Department of Art History - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: prof. Ivan Foletti, MA, Docteur es Lettres
Supplier department: Department of Art History - Faculty of Arts
- Wed 8:00–9:40 VP
- The course is offered to the students of the History of art
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 15 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 14/15, only registered: 0/15, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/15
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- This course is aimed at the enrichment of the German artistic vocabulary. The goal is to expand language skills of the student to capture keywords in the German specialized articles or books and understand the text.
- Learning outcomes
- Student will be able to:
- oriented himself in a German-written scientific text;
- with the help of the dictionary, the student will be able to understand such a text;
- Reading, lexical analysis and translation of the German artistic specialized texts will be the principal class activities. The course is dedicated to German art. Lexical areas: 1) title and labels of paintings, 2) Genres: painting, sculpure, architecture, 3) portrait and other painting genres, 4) techniques and materials, 5) themes of paintings, 6) description of an artwork, 7) how to describe an exhibition in German.
- Němčina : pro samouky i jazykové kurzy. 1 (Variant.) : Němčina : pro jazykové kursy i samouky. 1. info
- Němčina pro jazykové školy. 1 (MDO) : Klíč ke cvičením v učebnici Němčina pro jazykové školy. 1 (Supl.). info
- BENDOVÁ, Veronika, Drahomíra KETTNEROVÁ and L. TESAŘOVÁ. Němčina pro pokročilé samouky., Klíč, slovníčky (Souvis.) : Němčina pro pokročilé samouky. info
- Teaching methods
- Basic description of artistic terms, genres and iconography in Italian language. Students have the opportunity to be actively involved in the class activities by reading articles and texts on art history and artworks.
- Assessment methods
- A final written examination. Participation in the course is very recommended.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught each semester.