FF:DU5001 Doctoral colloquium - Course Information
DU5001 Doctoral colloquiumFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 10 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- prof. Ivan Foletti, MA, Docteur es Lettres (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. Ondřej Jakubec, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. PhDr. Ladislav Kesner, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. PhDr. Jiří Kroupa, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Radka Nokkala Miltová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. PhDr. Alena Pomajzlová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. PhDr. Lubomír Slavíček, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. Pavel Suchánek, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Ondřej Jakubec, Ph.D.
Department of Art History - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: doc. Mgr. Ondřej Jakubec, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Art History - Faculty of Arts
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Theory and History of Arts (programme FF, D-OT4)
- Course objectives
- The main aim of the individual/internal seminar is to make a space for the strict and continuous (self)reflection of a PhD student in the course of writing his/her thesis. A PhD studnet will periodically present the progress of his research and wirting thesis, not only in discussion, but also in the form of summary or report. A student can also provide a chapter of his/her thesis. The goal of this seminar meeting is not only to control wor of studnets, but they should provide a opportunity for expert guiding and tutorial.
- Learning outcomes
- Students will aquire the competences for autonomous research work; Adopting faculties for clear statement of a research problem and its implemenation in praxis; ability to make a clear and structured expert text; approve ability to present and discuss the principles and outcomes of the thesis
- Bases for writing an expert text
- Definition of a research problem
- Heuristic an sources inquiry
- Building of a thesis structure
- Interpretation options
- Theoretical tools
- Preparation of a final thesis presenation
- IVERSEN, Margaret and Stephen W. MELVILLE. Writing art history : disciplinary departures. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 2010. x, 243. ISBN 9780226388267. info
- Cesty k vědě : jak správně myslet a psát. Edited by Břetislav Horyna - Josef Krob. 1. vyd. Olomouc: Nakladatelství Olomouc, 2007. 170 s. ISBN 9788071822233. info
- ŠANDEROVÁ, Jadwiga and Alena MILTOVÁ. Jak číst a psát odborný text ve společenských vědách :několik zásad pro začátečníky. Vyd. 1. Praha: Sociologické nakladatelství, 2005. 209 s. ISBN 8086429407. info
- Teaching methods
- Presentation, discussion
- Assessment methods
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught each semester.
The course is taught: in blocks.