FF:DU5009 Doctoral exam - Course Information
DU5009 Doctoral defence and examFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. Mgr. Ondřej Jakubec, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Ondřej Jakubec, Ph.D.
Department of Art History - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: doc. Mgr. Ondřej Jakubec, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Art History - Faculty of Arts
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Theory and History of Arts (programme FF, D-OT4)
- Course objectives
- State doctoral exam, which thesis defens is part, has to prove student´s competence for critical thought and for presenting the discussed problem. Students have to be capable to bring arguments and answer in discussion. He or she should prove knowledge the literature from the expert field of the discipline of art history and they should be able to use it in discussion.
- Learning outcomes
- Deep knowledge of discipline of art history; communication skills; knowledge of methodological, theoretical as well as historiographical aspects of disipline of art history.
- The state doctoral exam consist of: a) thesis defense b) question related to specialized expert field covered in thesis c) methodological or historiographical question focused on character of a thesis
- Další příslušná literatura odpovídající specializaci disertace.
- The art of art history : a critical anthology. Edited by Donald Preziosi. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1998. 595 s. ISBN 0192842420. info
- Teaching methods
- Individual preparation
- Assessment methods
- oral exam
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught each semester.