FF:ESA001 Seminar in Aesthetics - Course Information
ESA001 Seminar in AestheticsFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Mgr. Ondřej Krajtl (lecturer)
prof. PhDr. Petr Osolsobě, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. et Mgr. Radim Ošmera (lecturer)
Mgr. Barbora Kundračíková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Lenka Lee, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Hana Zrno Vondrů (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Petr Osolsobě, Ph.D.
Department of Aesthetics - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Ing. Ivana Vašinová
Supplier department: Department of Aesthetics - Faculty of Arts
- Tue 15:50–17:25 B2.23
- The course is offered to the students of aesthetics,only. It introduces into the basic concepts and methods of the academic work. No preconditions are needed.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Course is an introduction into the study of Aesthetics and its literature. Students must prove their ability to employ information sources, to quote them, to write independently and to structure their own writing according to the academic standards.
- 1. Introductory lesson, entrance test, language skills
- 2. Resources (monographs, journals, encyclopedias, electronic information resources etc.)
- 3. Citation and bibliography
- 4. Academic writing
- 5. Reviews
- 6. Basic text analysis
- 7. Summary
- 8. Annotation, abstract
- 9. Text revision
- 10. Argumentation
- 11. Essay
- Dějiny krásy. Edited by Umberto Eco, Translated by Gabriela Chalupská. Vyd. 1. Praha: Argo, 2005. 439 s. ISBN 8072036777. info
- BOLDIŠ, Petr. Bibliografické citace dokumentu podle ČSN ISO 690 a ČSN ISO 690-2 (01 0197): Část 1 – Citace: metodika a obecná pravidla. Verze 3.3. 2004. 21 pp. URL info
- ECO, Umberto and Ivan SEIDL. Jak napsat diplomovou práci. Olomouc: Votobia, 1997. 271 s. ISBN 80-7198-173-7. info
- HENCKMANN, Wolfhart and Konrad LOTTER. Estetický slovník. Translated by Dušan Prokop. Vyd. 1. Praha: Svoboda, 1995. 229 s. ISBN 8020504788. info
- Teaching methods
- Seminar with exercises in writing articles of literature connecting relevant facts into logical relations, writing reviews, textual analysis (introduction to the topic and commented reading and writing of academic texts), discussion. Lectures which requires homework preparation. After teacher's presentation of the general and particular features of the subject, students are guided to analysis of the chosen extracts.
- Assessment methods
- Conditions for successful completion of the course are as follows:
1. 6 tasks that fulfill the formal, content and language requirements:
a) research, b) summary, c) annotation and abstract, d) review, e) text revision, f) essay
Each task is evaluated max. of 20 points thus a student may reach max. of 120 points.
The lower limit of the course is 80 points.
2. attendance (allowed maximum of 3 absences)
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
Information on completion of the course: Obecné podmínky ukončování kursů Semináře estetiky
The course is taught annually.
General note: Obecné podmínky ukončování kursů Semináře estetiky.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses