FF:ETMA114 Ethnography and Film: the ways - Course Information
ETMA114 Ethnography and Film: the ways of seeing behind the lensFaculty of Arts
The course is not taught in Autumn 2023
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Michal Pavlásek, Ph.D. (lecturer), prof. PhDr. Martina Pavlicová, CSc. (deputy)
prof. PhDr. Martina Pavlicová, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Martina Pavlicová, CSc.
Department of European Ethnology - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Martina Maradová
Supplier department: Department of European Ethnology - Faculty of Arts
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Ethnography and Film: the ways of seeing behind the lens The goal of the subject is to inform the students about different ways of presentation of social groups, phenomena and expressions through film and photo documentation, which is a peculiar genre ethnographic form of how to grasp the social reality in the (audio) visual way. Presentation of the development of the ethnographic film and thinking (produced by the disciplinary platform of visual anthropology) through the presentation of film-ethnographic outcomes and photographic projects, the content of which will be discussed with the students and critically reflected.
- Learning outcomes
- After completion of the course, the students will be able present problems of culture and society from the point of audio-visual rendering. They will be able differentiate levels of ethnographic film.
- Presentation of films and photos with lectures and discussion on the base of visual anthropology.
- Teaching methods
- Lectures, common interpretation of audio-visual examples, active engagement in the discussion, work in a group.
- Assessment methods
- Participation in lectures, continuous fulfilment of tasks and final essay.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Information on the per-term frequency of the course: jeden semestr.
The course is taught: every week.
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2023/ETMA114