FF:ETMA132 Ethnology in Practice - Course Information
ETMA132 Ethnology in PracticeFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- PhDr. Roman Doušek, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. PhDr. Daniel Drápala, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. PhDr. Alena Křížová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. PhDr. Martina Pavlicová, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. PhDr. Miroslav Válka, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Martina Pavlicová, CSc.
Department of European Ethnology - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Martina Maradová
Supplier department: Department of European Ethnology - Faculty of Arts
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 6 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The course focuses on gaining practical experience and skills, which the student will gain while using his/her knowledge potential in selected memory, cultural and research institutions as well as in non-profit sector (museums, heritage conservation, archives, institutions of the Czech Academy of Sciences, institutions dealing with documentation and presentation of folk culture and cultural heritage, public benefit organizations using applied ethnology). An individual choice of a study stay must be approved by the teacher.
- Learning outcomes
- During the practice lasting 10 workdays, the students will become familiar with practical operation of the institution, its professional profile and mission, and basic scopes of competences. After having completed the course, the student will have knowledge and practical experience and skills which he/she can use when choosing his/her professional career after he/she finishes the studies of ethnology.
- 1. Institution´s competence, regulations and legal standards which define its mission.
- 2. Identification of basic activities developed in the realm of documentation, care, protection and presentation of folk culture and cultural heritage.
- 3. Practical engagement in selected activities.
- recommended literature
- MERTOVÁ, Petra. Mezioborová praktická studia. 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2014. 185 pp. ISBN 978-80-210-6986-2. Digitální knihovna FF MU info
- Lidová kultura v muzeu : sbírky Etnografického ústavu Moravského zemského muzea v Brně. Edited by Helena Beránková. Brno: Moravské zemské muzeum, 2013. 219 s. ISBN 9788070284025. info
- Teaching methods
- Practice, paper.
- Assessment methods
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2019/ETMA132