FF:HUMB006 Advanced eye-tracking methods - Course Information
HUMB006 Advanced eye-tracking methods in humanitiesFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/0/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Mgr. Zuzana Šmideková (lecturer)
Mgr. Čeněk Šašinka, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. et Mgr. Eva Kundtová Klocová, Ph.D.
HUME Lab - Experimental Humanities Laboratory - Specialized Units - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Kateřina Sedlářová
Supplier department: HUME Lab - Experimental Humanities Laboratory - Specialized Units - Faculty of Arts
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
The capacity limit for the course is 15 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/15, only registered: 0/15, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/15
- Course objectives
- The course is primarily designes for students who already have a basic overview and knowledge of technology for tracking eye movements, so-called eye-tracking. The aim of the course is to expand and deepen this knowledge, and at the same time to introduce in more detail the eye-tracking devices, which are located in HUME Lab - Experimental Humanities Laboratory at the Faculty of Arts MU. The course will introduce the operation of the equipment, the creation of experiments and data analysis in eye-tracking studies. Current research from several areas of the humanities (eg psychology and pedagogy) will also be presented, and in case of closer interest, students will be allowed to actively participate in these researches. The course will also include several visits by foreign experts in the field of eye-tracking.
- 1) General introduction to eye-tracking (ET) methods and devices
- 2) Methods of visualization and processing of ET data and software for analysis - BeGaze, Ogama I
- 3) Methods of visualization and processing of ET data and software for analysis - BeGaze, Ogama II
- 4) Examples of the use of ET technology in psychological research
- 5) Examples of the use of ET technology in linguistic research
- 6) Examples of the use of ET technology in pedagogical research I
- 7) Examples of the use of ET technology in pedagogical research II
- 8) Examples of the use of ET technology in cartographic research I
- 9) Examples of the use of ET technology in cartographic research II
- 10) Examples and potential use of ET in virtual reality
- POPELKA, Stanislav. Eye-tracking (nejen) v kognitivní kartografii : praktický průvodce tvorbou a vyhodnocením experimentu. 1. vydání. Olomouc: Univerzita Palackého v Olomouci pro katedru geoinformatiky, 2018. 247 stran. ISBN 9788024453132. info
- HOLMQVIST, Keneth Bo-Ingvar and Andersson RICHARD. Eye tracking : A comprehensive guide to methods, paradigms, and measures. 2nd ed. Lund: Lund Eye Tracking Research Institute, 2017. 746 pp. ISBN 978-1-979484-89-3. URL info
- DUCHOWSKI, Andrew T. Eye tracking methodology : theory and practice. Third edition. Cham: Springer, 2017. xl, 366. ISBN 9783319578811. info
- HOLMQVIST, Kenneth B. I. Eye tracking : a comprehensive guide to methods and measures. 1st pub. in pbk. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2015. xix, 537. ISBN 9780198738596. info
- Teaching methods
visits of foreign guests
realization of ET research
- Assessment methods
- The active involvement of the student in class, participation in discussions with practitioners, and ongoing reflection on professional eye-tracking texts and knowledge will be evaluated.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught each semester.
The course is taught: every week.
- Teacher's information
- All correspondence concerning the teaching of this course should be directed to Mgr. Šmideková.