FF:HUMB007 Eye-tracking practice - Course Information
HUMB007 Eye-tracking research practiceFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/1. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught partially online.
- Mgr. Zuzana Šmideková (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. et Mgr. Eva Kundtová Klocová, Ph.D.
HUME Lab - Experimental Humanities Laboratory - Specialized Units - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Ivona Vrzalová
Supplier department: HUME Lab - Experimental Humanities Laboratory - Specialized Units - Faculty of Arts
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
The capacity limit for the course is 15 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/15, only registered: 0/15, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/15
- Course objectives
- The practice serves as a supervisory seminar for the implementation of original eye-tracking research (not only in diploma theses), and also as a condition for the implementation of own research using eye-tracking equipment of the Experimental Humanities Laboratory HUME Lab Faculty of Arts MU. The course provides the provision of supervision and the necessary expertise for the preparation of research design, organization of data collection and the actual collection and processing of data from eye-tracking research.
- Individual consultations of research projects, in particular:
- • on research design reviews
- • training in the use of the selected eye-tracking device
- • organization of data collection
- • data preparation for subsequent analysis
- • recommendations regarding the analysis of eye-tracking data
- POPELKA, Stanislav. Eye-tracking (nejen) v kognitivní kartografii : praktický průvodce tvorbou a vyhodnocením experimentu. 1. vydání. Olomouc: Univerzita Palackého v Olomouci pro katedru geoinformatiky, 2018. 247 stran. ISBN 9788024453132. info
- HOLMQVIST, Keneth Bo-Ingvar and Andersson RICHARD. Eye tracking : A comprehensive guide to methods, paradigms, and measures. 2nd ed. Lund: Lund Eye Tracking Research Institute, 2017. 746 pp. ISBN 978-1-979484-89-3. URL info
- DUCHOWSKI, Andrew T. Eye tracking methodology : theory and practice. Third edition. Cham: Springer, 2017. xl, 366. ISBN 9783319578811. info
- HOLMQVIST, Kenneth B. I. Eye tracking : a comprehensive guide to methods and measures. 1st pub. in pbk. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2015. xix, 537. ISBN 9780198738596. info
- Teaching methods
- Individual and group consultations, follow-up supervision.
- Assessment methods
- Execution of a specific assignment in the field of eye-tracking to the extent predefined by the agreement of the student with the teacher (eg data collection, processing or analysis, etc.).
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught each semester.
- Teacher's information
- Teaching does not have a fixed schedule, it will take place in the form of consultations.