FF:HV_05a Harmony I. - Course Information
HV_05a Harmony I.Faculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Mgr. Marie Novotná, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. PhDr. Jana Perutková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Vladimír Maňas, Ph.D. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Jana Perutková, Ph.D.
Department of Musicology - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Jan Karafiát
Supplier department: Department of Musicology - Faculty of Arts
- Mon 9:00–11:40 N41
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 10 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students manage basic rules of bass and melody harmonization with use of fifth-chords. Apart from practical skills - elaboration of exercises and their reproduction on the piano - student is able to use the acquired knowledge for analysis of musical material.
- Learning outcomes
- The student will be able to harmonize the melody and analyze simple harmonic progression of musical works.
- triads and theirs inversions, their use for harmonization
- rules of bass harmonization
- harmonization of melody
- examples and analyses
- KOFROŇ, Jaroslav. Učebnice harmonie. 10. upr. vyd. Praha: Editio Bärenreiter Praha, 2002. 178 s. ISBN 80-86385-14-0. info
- Teaching methods
- The subject combines a form of a lecture and a seminar, uses drills and homeworks.
- Assessment methods
- The colloquium includes both written and oral part, students have to prove knowledge and skills in all above mentioned spheres.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2020/HV_05a