FF:IJ0B606 Optional seminar I - Course Information
IJ0B606 Optional Seminar IFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Valeria De Tommaso (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Kateřina Garajová, Ph.D.
Department of Romance Languages and Literatures - Faculty of Arts
Supplier department: Department of Romance Languages and Literatures - Faculty of Arts
- Mon 10:00–11:40 B2.52
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- IJIA015 Practical Italian IV
Výběrový seminář I.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 8 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Optional seminar guided by an Italian lecturer - a native speaker, aimed at communication in authentic situations, deepening knowledge of vocabulary and getting acquainted with Italian culture through commented readings of shorter texts and watching videosequences.
- Lexical and stylistic analysis of different articles taken from Italian national newspaper and journals. Each article aims to develop one single theme or subject (sport, politics, economy, tourism, people etc.). Translation of similar texts from Czech into Italian. Pair/Group works: written production of short texts which will be checked during lessons.
- Umberto Eco, Dire quasi la stessa cosa, Bompiani 2003
- R. L. Catizone, Comunicare subito, Dilit, 1990
- N. Zingarelli, Vocobalorio della lingua italiana, Zanichelli, 2001
- Teaching methods
- Lecture: exposition and definitions of basic terms and their exemplification on different types of specific text, proceeding from diverse registers. Seminar: application of theoretical knowledge on authentic texts. During their presentations students show their ability to interconnect on their own their theoretical knowledge and practical analysis of a specific text.
- Assessment methods
- Credit - written essay. The students will be asked to write at least three short essays/articles during the course. If the student enrolls in the course, its ACTIVE attendance is mandatory (at least 75%).
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
General note: Kurz je doporučen posluchačům od 2. ročníku. Návaznost: IJ0B706.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Kurz je doporučen posluchačům od 3. ročníku.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2018/IJ0B606