FF:IJ0B706 Optional seminar - Course Information
IJ0B706 Optional seminar IIFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Valeria De Tommaso (lecturer), Mgr. Zuzana Šebelová, Ph.D. (deputy)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Kateřina Garajová, Ph.D.
Department of Romance Languages and Literatures - Faculty of Arts
Supplier department: Department of Romance Languages and Literatures - Faculty of Arts
- Mon 10:50–12:25 G25
- IJIA015 Practical Italian IV
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 20 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/20, only registered: 0/20
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 8 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of this course is to encourage the students to read the Italian national press and get them accustumed to understand the contemporary language and to know and discuss about Italian contemporary life and events.
- Lexical and stylistic analysis of different articles taken from Italian national newspapers and journals. Each article aims to develop one single theme or subject (sport, politics, economy, tourism, people etc.). Translation of similar texts from Czech into Italian. Pair/Group works: written production of short texts which will be checked during lessons.
- recommended literature
- Umberto Eco, "Dire quasi la stessa cosa", Bompiani 2003
- CIGNETTI, Luca and Simone FORNARA. Il piacere di scrivere : guida all'italiano del terzo millennio. Edited by Luca Serianni. Ia edizione. Roma: Carocci editore, 2014. 331 stran. ISBN 9788843073559. info
- SERIANNI, Luca. Italiani scritti. Nuova ed. Bologna: Mulino, 2003. 200 s. ISBN 9788815119100. info
- Teaching methods
- Class lectures, group and pair works, class discussion. Students will be asked to traslate short texts from Czech into Italian and to write journalistic-style articles. Without minimum enrollment (at least three students) the course will be canceled.
- Assessment methods
- The course finishes with a written exam. Attendance of at least 70% of the course is highly recommended. Two short essays are requested and must be written up to the end of April.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
General note: Kurz je doporučen posluchačům 3. ročníku.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Kurz je doporučen posluchačům 3. ročníku.