FF:IJ1A032 Italian Linguistics II - Course Information
IJ1A032 Italian Linguistics IIFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Kateřina Garajová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Kateřina Garajová, Ph.D.
Department of Romance Languages and Literatures - Faculty of Arts
Supplier department: Department of Romance Languages and Literatures - Faculty of Arts
- Wed 16:00–17:40 K23
- IJ1A031 Italian Linguistics I
Written test in Italian Linguistics I (IJ1A031)
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Italian Language and Literature (programme FF, B-IJ_) (3)
- Course objectives
- The aim of this course is to acquaint the students with the theoretical aspects of Italian phonetics and phonology, the Italian sound system, suprasegmental features, and phonetic transcription. Listening excercises will help the students to verify their knowledge of Italian phonemes and the differences between them, while oral exercises are aimed to teach the students the correct pronunciation of Italian sounds.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course, the student should: - have the required level of theoretical understanding of the major issues both in general phonetics and in the phonetics and phonology of Italian - be able not only to put it into practice while speaking Italian - be able make full use of it in the subsequent theoretical linguistic disciplines (morphology, syntax, historical development of the language, dialectology etc.).
- Theoretical introduction: - language and script - history of research in phonetics - physiological and acustical aspects of speech production - key concepts of the discipline (phonetics and phonology, sound, phoneme, allophone, distinctive features, phonemic contrast, minimal pair) - phonetic transcription - - classification and description of vowels, consonants, semivowels, diphtongs etc. in Italian - combination of sounds, phonosyntax - stress - syllable, parts of syllable - intonation Practical part: - exercises on phonetic transcription - listening exercises on the difference between phonemes and sounds - oral exercises on the acquirement of correct pronunciation, stress and intonation
- Teaching methods
- Lectures + exercises.
- Assessment methods
- Written and oral examination. Only students who pass the written test are admitted to the oral part. Both parts of the examination take place on the same day.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2020/IJ1A032