FF:IJ1B007 Seminar of Italian Language A - Course Information
IJ1B007 Seminar of Italian Language (A)Faculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Valeria De Tommaso (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Kateřina Garajová, Ph.D.
Department of Romance Languages and Literatures - Faculty of Arts
Supplier department: Department of Romance Languages and Literatures - Faculty of Arts
- Fri 10:00–11:40 G02
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- IJIA015 Practical Italian IV
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 6 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of this course is to encourage the students to read the Italian national press and get them accustumed to understand the contemporary language used in newspapers and to know and discuss about Italian contemporary life and events. Focus on argumentative essays and expository essays.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course the students will be able to -identify the most important Italian daily newspapers -read articles from several sections: news section, politics, economy, sport, cinema, culture etc. -report news -compare Italian and Czech news / press -identify specific lexicon and syntax in journalistic Language -write short argumentatve essays and expository essays.
- Lexical and stylistic analysis of different articles taken from Italian national newspaper and journals. Each article is meant to develop one single theme or subject (sport, politics, economy, tourism, people etc.). Translation of similar texts from Czech into Italian. Pair/Group works: written production of short texts which will be checked during lessons.
- recommended literature
- SERIANNI, Luca. Italiani scritti. Nuova ed. Bologna: Mulino, 2003. 200 s. ISBN 9788815119100. info
- Umberto Eco, Dire quasi la stessa cosa, Bompiani 2003
- Lo Zingarelli. Vocabolario della lingua italiana, Zanichelli, 2001
- not specified
- CIGNETTI, Luca and Simone FORNARA. Il piacere di scrivere : guida all'italiano del terzo millennio. Edited by Luca Serianni. Ia edizione. Roma: Carocci editore, 2014. 331 stran. ISBN 9788843073559. info
- Teaching methods
- Students will work with articles taken from Italian contemporary press, video interview and other video materials. Exposition and definitions of basic terms and their exemplification on different types of specific text, proceeding from diverse registers. Application of theoretical knowledge on authentic texts.
- Assessment methods
- Credit - written final exam. The students will be asked to write at least three short essays/articles during the course. Attendance is mandatory (at least 75%).
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2019/IJ1B007