FF:IJIA006 Ital. Phonetics and Phonology - Course Information
IJIA006 Italian Phonetics and PhonologyFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Kateřina Garajová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Paolo Divizia, Dottore di Ricerca
Department of Romance Languages and Literatures - Faculty of Arts
Supplier department: Department of Romance Languages and Literatures - Faculty of Arts
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course, the student should:
- have the required level of understanding of the major issues both in general phonetics and in the phonetics of Italian
- be able not only to put it into practice while speaking Italian
- be able make full use of it in the subsequent theoretical linguistic disciplines (normative grammar, historical development of the language etc.).
- The course follows the outline:
- - history of research in phonetics
- - physiological and acustical aspects of speech production
- - key concepts of the discipline (phonetics and phonology, vocalic triangle, assimilation, syllable, stress, intonation etc.)
- - combinations of sounds and their consequences
- - classification and description of vowels, consonants, semivowels, diphtongs etc. in Italian
- - accent in Italian
- - raddoppiamento sintattico
- - characteristic features of main Italian dialects from the phonetic point of view.
- Parallels with other Romance languages and with Czech, English or German are often used in classifying and describing Italian sounds.
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- Written and oral examination.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.