FF:IM002 Proseminar_art of IM I - Course Information
IM002 Proseminar_art of interactive media IFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- PhDr. Martin Flašar, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Monika Szűcsová (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Martin Flašar, Ph.D.
Department of Musicology - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Bc. Jitka Leflíková
Supplier department: Department of Musicology - Faculty of Arts
- Tue 8:00–9:40 N21
- There are no special prerequisities needed.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 150 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 57/150, only registered: 0/150
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- At the end of the practical course students will acquire skills in academic writing. Students will cope with writing, editing and critical evaluating of the scientific essays. An important part of the course will be also an approach to the special publications and information sources. An important part of the course will be reading of three compulsory texts.
- 1. Focus of the proseminar - organization of the semester - entering all the key texts. 2. From the subject to resources and back (subject - method - research objective). 3. Debate - Benjamin: A work of art in the age... (summary). 4. Ad fontes - what are the relevant sources - why Wikipedia is not enough. 5. Guide to resources (libraries, e-resources, etc.). 6. Debate - Eco: The Poetics of the open work of art (summary). 7. Reading texts and after... Working with information - from knowledge to thinking and back. 8. Economics of the student time - how to facilitate the work. 9. Debate - Manovich: The Language of New Media, Chap. What is New Media / What is New Media Not (summary). 10. Discussion on themes of the proseminar works. 11. Discussion of annotations and bibliography (PP). 12. Debate - Lister: Introduction into New Media, pp. 13-37. (summary).
- recommended literature
- ŠANDEROVÁ, Jadwiga and Alena MILTOVÁ. Jak číst a psát odborný text ve společenských vědách : několik zásad pro začátečníky. Vydání první. Praha: Sociologické nakladatelství, 2005. 209 stran. ISBN 9788086429403. info
- ECO, Umberto and Ivan SEIDL. Jak napsat diplomovou práci. Olomouc: Votobia, 1997. 271 s. ISBN 80-7198-173-7. info
- Teaching methods
- Reading and interpretation of basic essays. Training basic skills in academic writing: summarizing, critical thinking, argumentation.
- Assessment methods
- To obtain credit, students must: a) continuously (always on the day of a specific proseminar) deposite in the IS summaries of key texts in the range of 1800 characters. Number of the total résumé passed must not be less then 3 texts. These texts will be discussed in the seminar. b) Fulfil the conditions of attendance. c) 15.1. hand over the topic of the proseminar essay with annotation and bibliography in the IS.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses