FF:IM033 Media-action I - Course Information
IM033 Media-action IFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- prof. ak. soch. Tomáš Ruller (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Jana Horáková, Ph.D.
Department of Musicology - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Bc. Jitka Leflíková
Supplier department: Department of Musicology - Faculty of Arts
- Mon 14:10–15:45 303
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 60 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 2/60, only registered: 0/60, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/60
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 7 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Static Image - "composition on a plane" 1st block: STILL LIFE (object) - OBSERVATION AND VISION 1.the philosophy of "still life" - silence (John CAGE), emptiness(Yves KLEIN), darkness (James TURREL) - the major phenomena 2.direct life experience with the material world: haptic, tasting, olfactory, sonic and visual qualities (Ana MENDIETA) 3.historical still life: drawing/picture, text/description, theatre (objects as props) - semantic qualities: fetishism (Piero MANZONI) 4.facticity of things: collage, whole/fragment, documentation/archive (Hanne DARBOVEN) 5.contemporary still life - captured by new media: voyeurism and visionarism (DUCHAMP) 6.action - "still life" dematerialization/no-matter-of-fact-ness (Allan KAPROW) 2nd block: PORTRAIT (subject) - EXPRESSION 1.the philosophy of portrait - artist and his model / self-portrait (GILBERT & GEORGE) 2.the experience of "myself" – perception, projection and interpretation - self-reflection and stylization (Pipilotti RIST) 3.traditional portrait and mask - living pictures (Mariko MORI / Yasumasa MORIMURA) 4.expression in new media: reproduction and medialization (Robert MAPPLETHORPE / Andres SERRANO) 5.face, personality and image (Cindy SHERMAN) 6.action - "portrait / self-portrait"(Skip ARNOLD)
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials