FF:IM073 Media-Action III - Course Information
IM073 Media-Action IIIFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- prof. ak. soch. Tomáš Ruller (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Jana Horáková, Ph.D.
Department of Musicology - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: doc. Mgr. Jana Horáková, Ph.D.
- Mon 14:10–15:45 FAVU
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 40 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/40, only registered: 0/40, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/40
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 7 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The main objectives of the course are to acquaint students with performance artists and their work, which can be characterised as a research on themes: 5th. bloc : OBJECT IN MOTION (machine / robot) - MECHANIC RHYTHM 6th. bloc : FIGURE IN MOTION (gesture / dance) - BIOLOGIC RHYTHM
- MEDIA ART & ROBOTICS: Nam June PAIK / VASULKA'S (Steina & Woody)
- VIDEO ART: Bruce NAUMAN / Joan JONAS / Garry HILL / Bill VIOLA
- KNOWBOTIC Research / SURVIVAL Research / DUMB TYPE / VAN GOGH TV
- PYROMANIA: Roman SIGNER / Eric HOBIJN / BOW GAMELAN / Cai Guo QIANG
- SOUND ART: Terry FOX / Joe JONES / Paul PANHUYSEN / SOUNDLAB
- GESTURE: Lucio FONTANA / Georges MATTIEU / Jackson POLLOCK
- ACTIONISM - NITSCH, SCHWARTZKOGLER, BRUS, MUHL, RAINER
- GUTAI – YOSHIHARA, SHIMAMOTO, SHIRAGA, MURAKAMI, TANAKA BUTO – ONO / HIJIKATA / TANAKA / SANKAI JUKU / DAI RAKUDA KAN
- DANCE: CUNNINGHAM / BROWN / HALPRIN / CHILDS / JONES-ZANE
- VOICE: Meredith MONK / Diamanda GALAS
- STELARC: Obsolete Body, J.P.- Davis
- Jonathan Benthall: Science and technology in art today, Thames & Hudson Media-archiv FaVU
- Woody VASULKA & STEINA: Machine Media, MOMA - San Francisco
- Frank Popper: Art of Electronic Age, Amazon / Media-archiv FaVU
- Michael Rush: New Media in Late 20th Cent. Art, Thames & Hudson Media-archiv FaVU
- Assessment methods
- Lecture. One paper presentation, written essay, minimum 50% attendance.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Information on the per-term frequency of the course: jednou za 3 roky.