FF:IM074 Media-Action IV - Course Information
IM074 Media-Action IVFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- prof. ak. soch. Tomáš Ruller (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Jana Horáková, Ph.D.
Department of Musicology - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Bc. Jitka Leflíková
Supplier department: Department of Musicology - Faculty of Arts
- Mon 14:10–15:45 VP
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 60 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 1/60, only registered: 0/60, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/60
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 7 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Theory and history of action art emphasizing interactive expression in contemporary media art. The course develops students' skills to combine and integrate theoretical knowledge in action art needed for the reflection of a complex work of art by learning about interactive forms of presentation and media strategies of creative interaction with reality. The course provides theoretical and historical information on action art in media and interactive artworks.
- Action (in environment) - CONSTRUCTION/DECONSTRUCTION 1. Niki de SAINT FALL & Jean TINGUELY / Daniel SPOERRI 2. Robert RAUSCHENBERG / Robert MORRIS / Claes OLDENBURG / Jim DINE / Robert WHITMAN / ED KEINHOLZ 3. Rebeca HORN, Jenny HOLZER, Barbara KRUGER 4. Jimmie DURHAM / James LUNA / Coco FUSCO / Guillermo GÓMEZ-PEŃA 5. RESIDENTS / Monty CANTSIN / John BOCK 6. Paul McCARTHY / Mike KELLEY A NARRATIVE (in the community) - COMPOSITION/DECOMPOSITION 1. Tadeus KANTOR / Jerzy GROTOWSKI / Andrej TARKOVSKIJ 2. LIVING THEATRE / PERFORMANCE GROUP / Alejandro JODOROWSKI 3. Andy WARHOL - FACTORY - VELVET UNDERGROUND 4. Shirin NESHAT / Mona HATOUM / Tehching HSIEH 5. Laurie ANDERSON / Mathew BARNEY 6. Jeff KOONS / Damien HIRST
- Corpus delecti: Performance art of the Americas, by Coco Fusco
- Paul Shimmel, Out of actions, MOMA - Los Angeles
- RoseLee Goldberg, Performance Art, Abrams - New York
- Elisabeth Jappe, Performance, Ritual, Prozess, Prestel - Munich
- Teaching methods
- 1/1 lecture, seminar
- Assessment methods
- colloquium, written essay
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
Information on the per-term frequency of the course: jednou za 3 roky.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2018/IM074