FF:IMN12 Art as Performance I - Course Information
IMN12 Art in Post-Media Age: Art as Performance IFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. ak. soch. Tomáš Ruller (lecturer), doc. Mgr. Jana Horáková, Ph.D. (deputy)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Jana Horáková, Ph.D.
Department of Musicology - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Bc. Jitka Leflíková
- Tue 15:00–16:35 VUT
- Basic knowledge of English & Czech
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 150 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/150, only registered: 0/150, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/150
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students should be able to:understand and explain related topics ;work with information on postmedia art for diploma work ;create summaries;make reasoned decisions about sellection of texts ;make deductions based on acquired knowledge of concepts ;interpret critical texts ;
- Artist's Body: TRACEY WARR – THE ARTIST BODY AMELIA JONES – BODY SPLITS THOMAS McEVILLEY – DIOGENES OF SINOPE KRISTINE STILES – FLUXUS PERFORMANCE KATHTY O'DELL – DISPLACING THE HAPTIC /photo doc. ANTONIN ARTAUD – THEATRE AND CRUELTY OTTO MÜHL – MATERIAL AKTION MANIFESTO RUDOLF SCHWARZKOGLER – SCRIPT FOR A WEDDING GÜNTER BRUS - ARTIST'S STATEMENT THOMAS McEVILLEY – ART IN THE DARK KRISTINE STILES – SURVIVAL ETHOS HERBERT MARCUSE – AN ESSAY OF LIBERATION WILLOUGHBY SHARP - BODY WORKS CINDY NEMSER – SUBJECT OBJECT: BODY ART JONATHAN BENTHALL - THE BODY AS A MEDIUM OF EXPRESSION (MANIFESTO) LEA VERGINE – BODY LANGUAGE CATHERINE FRANCBLIN - BODY-OBJECT/WOMAN-OBJECT MOIRA ROTH – CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE (PART 1 + 2) JULIA KRISTEVA – APPROACHING ABJECTION ELAINE SCARRY – THE STRUCTURE OF BELIEF NELLLY RICHARD – THE RHETORIC OF THE BODY ROB LA FRENAIS – THE PIT AND THE PENDULUM (ANATHOMY OF REAL PERFORMANCE BY WARPECHOWSKI) RoseLee GOLDBERG – HERE AND NOW JACQUES LACAN – THE MIRROR STAGE LUCY R. LIPPARD – WOMAN'S BODY ART DONALD KUSPIT – THE NEW SUBJECTIVISM (CINDY SHERMAN) PEGGY PHELAN - DEVELOPING THE NEGATIVE (MAPPLEHORPE) LESLIE C. JONES – TRANSGRESSIVE FEMINITY (ART AND GENDER) JUDITH BUTLER – BODIES THAT MATTER COCO FUSCO – THE OTHER HISTORY OF INTERCULTURAL PERFORMANCE AMELIA JONES – DIS/PLAYING THE PHALLUS EVE K. SEDGWICK – QUEER PERFORMATIVITY (WARHOL) REBECCA SCHNEIDER – GENDER IN PERSPECTIVE ROSALIND KRAUSS – VIDEO: THE AESTHETICS OF NARCISSISM DONNA HARAWAY – CYBORG MANIFESTO PAUL VIRILIO – URBAN ARMOUR KIM LEVIN – ART AS PERFORMANCE
- The Artist's Body, Edited by Tracey Warr, survey by Amelia Jones, Phaidon Press lLimited, London, 2000
- Teaching methods
- Theoretical research corresponding with expected topic of master odploma work.
- Assessment methods
- Written summary of chosen text or essay from chosen topic, personal spoken presentation and reflexion in team.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.