FF:ISKM04 Bachelor Thesis Seminar: Metho - Course Information
ISKM04 Bachelor Thesis Seminar: Methodology of LISFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Pavlína Mazáčová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
RNDr. Michal Černý (lecturer)
PhDr. Pavla Kovářová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Jiří Kudrnáč, CSc. (lecturer)
Mgr. David Lacko (lecturer)
PhDr. Michal Lorenz, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Tomáš Marek (lecturer)
PhDr. Jiří Stodola, PhD. (lecturer)
Ing. Jiřina Svitáková, MBA, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Čeněk Šašinka, Ph.D. (lecturer)
PhDr. Petr Škyřík, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Hana Tulinská (lecturer)
PhDr. Ladislava Zbiejczuk Suchá, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Jiří Kudrnáč, CSc.
Department of Information and Library Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Alice Lukavská
Supplier department: Department of Information and Library Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Fri 8:00–9:40 C11
- Knowledge of the basics of research methodology (in the range of subject ISKB15 Bachelor Thesis Seminar: LIS Methodology)
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 7 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Within the course the students will get acquainted with various paradigms, potential thematic areas of diploma theses and the following research methods used in LIS, which can be used as inspiration in the preparation of the diploma thesis project. At first, different approaches to defining the goal of work (with emphasis, but not limited to the research goal) will be presented and awareness of the purpose of its work will be discussed. Consequently, the aproach (paradigm) will be introduced and practical examples of previously conducted research will be presented, where attention will be focused primarily on the processing procedure.
- Learning outcomes
- Student will be able to:
- justify the setting of research design for his or her own work;
- describe advantages and limits of various research methods in LIS;
- carry out data collection and processing within his or her own research;
- describe his or her own research within the scope of the diploma thesis.
- 1. Paradigms in LIS. Current topics of research and applications in LIS focusing on specialization developed at DISL FA MU.
- 2. Design of information services and philosophy of HCD.
- 3. An example of research for designing information service in the library.
- 4. An example of research for designing information service in an electronic environment.
- 5. Measurement of education.
- 6. An example of research on information literacy and education.
- 7. An example of research into the use of technology in education.
- 8. Research in the literary sciences.
- 9. An example of literature in the cultural context.
- 10. An example of philosophical methods.
- 11. Methods in data and information management.
- 12. An example of an information audit.
- 13. An example of datamining.
- required literature
- REICHEL, Jiří. Kapitoly metodologie sociálních výzkumů. Praha: Grada, 2009. 192 pp. ISBN 978-80-247-3006-6. info
- PICKARD, Alison Jane. Research methods in information. Edited by Susan Childs - Elizabeth Lomas - Julie McLeod - Andrew K. Shenton. Second edition. London: Facet publishing, 2013. xxii, 361. ISBN 9781856048132. info
- recommended literature
- ŠVAŘÍČEK, Roman and Klára ŠEĎOVÁ. Kvalitativní výzkum v pedagogických vědách. Vydání první. Praha: Portál, 2007. 377 stran. ISBN 9788073673130. info
- MAREŠ, Petr, Ladislav RABUŠIC and Petr SOUKUP. Analýza sociálněvědních dat (nejen) v SPSS (Data analysis in social sciences (using SPSS)). První. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2015. 508 pp. ISBN 978-80-210-6362-4. info
- Teaching methods
- Lecture, discussion, reading, reflection of the read scholarly texts
- Assessment methods
- Active participation in discussion, continuous tasks in the form of reflection of the read texts
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2020/ISKM04