FF:ISKM18 Practice and Internships - Course Information
ISKM18 Practice and InternshipsFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 5 credit(s) (from 1 credit increase by 1). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- PhDr. Pavla Kovářová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Tomáš Marek (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Pavla Kovářová, Ph.D.
Department of Information and Library Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Alice Lukavská
Supplier department: Department of Information and Library Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 7 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to gain information and personal experience with the functioning of the institution (library, a non-profit organization, firm) and apply the acquired knowledge and skills to practice or to acquire new ones. Passing an internship can help draw inspiration and the necessary knowledge for writing a diploma thesis and increase the competitiveness and applicability of future graduates in the labor market. Last but not least, students can gain valuable contacts with employers and practitioners. Also important is mentoring and career guidance from a guarantor of practice that will help him in his personality development.
- Learning outcomes
- After the course student
- gets insights into processes in the selected institution
- acquires working habits
- will be able to apply the experience of teaching in practice
- can get contacts with employers and experts
- 1) Selection of practice or internship, consultation with the guarantor
- 2) Agreeing on the conditions of practice in the institution, signing the contract, and confirmation of admission to practice or internship
- 3) Practice implementation, consultation with the guarantor
- 4) Assessment of practice with guarantor and mentor, submission of confirmation of graduation
- The practice will depend on the choice of the institution. The student can choose an institution from the offer at http://jobbox.knihovna.cz or can arrange his own practice, which is approved by the guarant on the basis of the submitted work plan.
- literatura nevložena
- Teaching methods
- education by professionals, supervision, mentoring
- Assessment methods
- Guided practice - oral or written evaluation of the quality of work.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught each semester.
The course is taught: in blocks.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: počet kreditů je vypočítán následovně: 40 hodin = 3 kredit, 70 hodin = 4 kredity, 100 hodin = 5 kredity.
- Teacher's information