FF:ISKM21 Long-term internship abroad - Course Information
ISKM21 Long-term internship abroadFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 15/0/0. 15 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- PhDr. Pavla Kovářová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Tomáš Marek (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Michal Lorenz, Ph.D.
Division of Information and Library Studies - Department of Czech Literature - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Alice Lukavská
Supplier department: Division of Information and Library Studies - Department of Czech Literature - Faculty of Arts
- Submission of the B2 language certificate or B2 level by passing one semester of English or the language of the country of the target placement in a bachelor's or follow-up master's program (http://www.phil.muni.cz/wff/home/studium/informace/predpisy-a-navody/requirements-on-the-knowledge-of-foreign-languages/view?set_language=en)
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Course objectives
- Student acquires work, language skills and skills in the field of Information Studies and Librarianship by long-term internship. Long-term internship abroad is a professional internship at a foreign branch workplace with a length of 2-6 months. The aim is to increase the employability of LIS graduates in the labor market.
- Learning outcomes
- Students will be able to:
use terminology in the field of Information Studies and Librarianship in a foreign language;
work in an international college;
orientate in the international context of Information Studies and Librarianship.
- Student, department coordinator, supervisor of the course and supervisor working in the organization will jointly prepare the Learning Agreement for Traineeship. The student will also create an application in the ISOIS system to which he or she will attach a motivation letter in the Czech language, a three-sided Learning Agreement for Traineeship and a professional reference of an academic worker. The selection procedure is conducted according to the rules established by CIC (https://czs.muni.cz/cs/student-mu/prakticke-staze) and DISL. It is recommended to use the Erasmus+ program or other programs to support student internship. For this time, DISL offers a work placement in Slovenia or according to individual student agreement.
- Individuální dle Learning Agreement každého studenta.
- Teaching methods
- Internship abroad
- Assessment methods
- Interim and final evaluation report from an internship written by an assigned foreign supervisor/mentor. The format of the report is located on the Center for Interantional Cooperation website. The report is documented on the CIC within 14 days of returning from the internship.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught each semester.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 2 - 6 měsíční pracovní pobyt v zahraniční.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2020/ISKM21