FF:ISKM22 Participation in conferences - Course Information
ISKM22 Participation in conferencesFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 4 credit(s) (from 2 credits increase by 1). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- PhDr. Pavla Kovářová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Pavla Kovářová, Ph.D.
Department of Information and Library Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Alice Lukavská
Supplier department: Department of Information and Library Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 7 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim is to extend and enhance the student's expertise in confrontation with academia and professional practice. This confrontation is not limited thematically, it depends on the choice of the student, in which area he or she want to specialize. In the case of conferences outside the scope of LIS it is necessary to demonstrate the application in the field of LIS in which the object is classified (by the report from conference).
- Learning outcomes
- Student will be able to:
- describe current topics in their area of interest;
- identify experts on the topics in their area of interest;
- present own work on a professional event;
- write a report from an event to an unprofessional journal in LIS.
- Attendance at selected library conferences in Czech Republic or abroad. For inspiration, you can use the calendar on the website of KISK.
- Selected conferences organized in Czech Republic:
- The Libraries of the Present (Knihovny současnosti)
- ISSS(Internet ve statní správě a samosprávě)
- It is possible to choose another conference or seminar, it is advisable to consult the teacher in advance to verify the link with LIS.
- recommended literature
- BEČKA, J.V. Jak psát dobře a správně. 1. vyd. Praha: Vydavatelství a nakladatelství Novinář, 1974. 177 s. info
- ČMEJRKOVÁ, Světla, František DANEŠ and Jindra SVĚTLÁ. Jak napsat odborný text. Vydání první. Praha: Leda, 1999. 255 stran. ISBN 8085927691. info
- GERŠLOVÁ, Jana. Vádemékum vědecké a odborné práce. 1. vyd. [Praha]: Professional Publishing, 2009. 148 s. ISBN 9788074310027. info
- ŠESTÁK, Zdeněk. Jak psát a přednášet o vědě. Illustrated by Hana Kymrová. Vyd. 1. Praha: Academia, 1999. 204 s. ISBN 8020007555. info
- Teaching methods
- Lecture, passive participation in professional action (the presence of the whole event) and preparation and offering for publication record about her .
The active participation in expert action (it may be the same as the one you are writing about).
- Assessment methods
- Mandatory attendance at the lecture at the beginning of the semester.
Report about the conference mediating the professional expertise from the event, which can be published in Ikaros journal.
Active presention at a professional event. In the case of a presentation in English, the subject is completed for 4 credits, in Czech for 3 credits.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught each semester.
The course is taught: in blocks.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: podle zvolené kreditové hodnoty (viz metody hodnocení).
- Teacher's information