FF:ISKM29 Expert Block - Course Information
ISKM29 Expert BlockFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Mgr. Pavlína Mazáčová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Pavlína Mazáčová, Ph.D.
Division of Information and Library Studies - Department of Czech Literature - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Alice Lukavská
Supplier department: Division of Information and Library Studies - Department of Czech Literature - Faculty of Arts
- Thu 16:00–17:40 B2.13
- Interest in current situation in the LIS and willingness to communicate with the lecturers.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 7 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The course is an exclusive and edTech lecture cycle for the entire university. The course has one teacher from the main workplace, which ensures the content and organization of the subject. Educational content of the course consists of lectures of interesting personalities from the field and transdisciplinary experts from practice. Topics and lectures alternate each week in a given semester. Individual lectures are streamed and made available online.
The aim of the subject is:
- to provide students with current events in the field as well as in a transdisciplinary perspective;
- provide students with the opportunity to meet specific personalities in the field;
- to guide students to a written reflection on selected subject topics
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course the student will be able to:
- understand trends in the field of information studies and librarianship;
- better apply knowledge from the field to practice;
- to focus on a number of topical issues related to ISK;
- Creatively summarize selected topics in a digital format.
- For a detailed schedule of lectures, annotations and medallions of lecturers, see blockexpertu.cz.
- Framework areas of lectures:
- - literary science;
- - librarianship;
- - Information sciences;
- - design of information services;
- - data management;
- - philosophy;
- - pedagogy;
- - culture.
- Euroguide LIS : the guide to competencies for European professionals in library and information services (Variant.) : The guide to competencies for European professionals in library and information services : euroguide LIS (Orig.). info
- BAWDEN, David and Lyn ROBINSON. Úvod do informační vědy. Translated by Michal Lorenz - Karel Mikulášek - Dana Vévodová. 1. vydání. Doubravník: Flow, 2017. 451 stran. ISBN 9788088123101. info
- VICKERY, B. C. and A. VICKERY. Information science in theory and practice. 3. rev. and enl. München: K.G. Saur, 2004. xiii, 400. ISBN 3598116586. info
- SHUMAN, Bruce A. Issues for libraries and information science in the Internet age. Engelwood: Libraries Unlimited, 2001. xviii, 228. ISBN 1563088053. info
- Teaching methods
- Thematic lectures and presentations of LIS specialists and experts from the practice;
Questions and discussions
- Assessment methods
- Assessment of course - credit
Conditions for successful completion of the course:
Students of full-time study:
- Regular attendance at lectures;
- a maximum of 2 unanswered absences;
- Writing 1 selected digital artifact
Students of Combined Study:
- minimum 5 compulsory attendance at lectures;
- Writing 2 digital artifacts
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught each semester.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2020/ISKM29