FF:JAP329 Colloquial Japanese I - Course Information
JAP329 Colloquial Japanese IFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Miki Kano, BA (lecturer), Mgr. Jiří Matela, M.A., Ph.D. (deputy)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Luboš Bělka, CSc.
Department of Japanese Studies - Asia Studies Centre - Faculty of Arts
Supplier department: Department of Japanese Studies - Asia Studies Centre - Faculty of Arts
- Mon 16:00–17:40 L42
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- JAP215a Japanese language IV.-theory && JAP213 Japanese Conversation III.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The main goal of this course is to introduce specific formal and sociolinguistic characteristics of coloquial Japanese to students with already solid knowledge of standard Japanese. The target texts include both spoken and written Japanese, while taking into account some specific media of contemporary communication.
- Learning outcomes
- After finishing the course the student will be able to:
- distinguish between coloquial and standard Japanese discourse;
- transform utterances of coloquial Japanese into their standard versions;
- perform basic conversation in the coloquial style on SNS.
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Omitting Particles
- 3. Contracted Phrases I
- 4. Contracted Phrases II
- 5. Repetition and Interjection
- 6. Carrying on a Conversation
- 7. Changes in Word Order
- 8. Ambiguous Phrases
- 9. Sentence-ending particles
- 10. Text and SNS
- 11. Feelings and Onomatopoeia
- 12. Final Exam
- Teaching methods
- Classroom activities with written and audiovisual materials.
- Assessment methods
- Attendance and oral exam.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
General note: Opakovaný zápis je možný pouze se souhlasem vyučující.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2019/JAP329