FF:JAP331 Japanese Conversation V - Course Information
JAP331 Japanese Conversation VFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Yuko Fridrišek (lecturer)
Mgr. Miki Udržalová, BA (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Luboš Bělka, CSc.
Department of Japanese Studies - Asia Studies Centre - Faculty of Arts
Supplier department: Department of Japanese Studies - Asia Studies Centre - Faculty of Arts
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- JAP309 Japanese Conversation IV. && JAP304a Japanese language V.-theory
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- In coordination with other language courses, the students further develop their abilities to actively produce a spoken discourse in the Japanese language with focus on situational context and specific sociopragmatic factors (especially the system of interpersonal expressions) of spoken discourse. They further enrich their vocabulary and phraseology. The students refine their abilities of proper verbal reactions in both standard and specific speech situations. The students have the capacity of active interaction using the polite, formal and informal form of standard modern Japanese language.
- 1. Introduction, revision;
- 2. Conversation on contemporary Japanese society I.;
- 3. Conversation on contemporary Japanese society II.;
- 4. Conversation on contemporary Japanese society III.;
- 5. Conversation on traditional culture in contemporary Japan I.;
- 6. Conversation on traditional culture in contemporary Japan II.;
- 7. Conversation on traditional culture in contemporary Japan III.;
- 8. Conversation on topics in Japanese studies I.;
- 9. Conversation on topics in Japanese studies II.;
- 10. Conversation on selective topic I.;
- 11. Conversation on selective topic II.;
- 12. Final exam.
- Ogoura, K.: Japan’s Cultural Diplomacy. Tokyo. The Japan Foundation. 2009
- Bunka chūkyū nihongo I. Bunka institute of Language. Tokyo. Bonjinsha. 1994
- Talking about Japan, A&Q. Tokyo. Kodansha International Ltd. 2004
- Mizutani, O.; Mizutani, N.: Nihongo through Newspaper Articles. Tokyo. The Japan Times Ltd. 2007
- Teaching methods
- Practice of advanced models of spoken interaction in both everyday and specific communication situations. Practice of monologues and dialogues on selected topics.
- Assessment methods
- Oral exam – conversation on selected topic. Active participation in classes is also part of the evaluation.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
General note: Opakovaný zápis je možný pouze se souhlasem vyučující.