FF:JPN221 Japanese language IV - Theory - Course Information
JPN221 Japanese language IV - TheoryFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Jiří Matela, M.A., Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Jiří Matela, M.A., Ph.D.
Department of Japanese Studies - Asia Studies Centre - Faculty of Arts
Supplier department: Department of Japanese Studies - Asia Studies Centre - Faculty of Arts
- JPN211 Japanese language III -theory && JPN213 Writing Japanese III
For registration, the completion of the Japanese language III. and Japanese writing III. courses is required.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Student further develops his/her knowledge of more complex grammatical structures and their usage with respect to sociopragmatic factors; he/she deepens the knowledge of system of polite Japanese (keigo), enriches vocabulary, especially adverbs and conjunctions; he/she learns some specifics of informal spoken Japanese.
- Learning outcomes
- After finishing this course the student is able to:
- describe the system of Japanese grammar in simple terms
- conduct interactions of intermediate difficulty
- use the honorifics in Japanese
- read and interpret texts in Japanese of intermediate difficulty
- 1. Revision
- 2. Attributive sentences
- 3. Constructions with –sō da/desu
- 4. Conditionals
- 5. Aspect
- 6. Honorific verbs (sonkeigo)
- 7. Verbs of modesty (kenjōgo)
- 8. Embeded questions
- 9. Passive
- 10. Causative
- 11. Imperative
- 12. Revision of coursework
- BANNO, Eri. Genki : an integrated course in elementary Japanese. 1st ed. Tokyo: Japan Times, 2000. 136 s. ISBN 4789010015. info
- A Course in Modern Japanese. Staff of the Japanese Section, Center for Linguistic & Cultural Research, University of Nagoya. Nagoya, The University of Nagoya Press, 1983. 305 s.
- Bunka chūkyū nihongo I. Bunka institute of Language. Tokyo, Bonjinsha, 1994
- WATANABE, Minoru. O podstatě japonského jazyka. Translated by Zdeňka Švarcová. 1. vydání. Praha: Karolinum, 2000. 228 stran. ISBN 9788024600581. info
- Teaching methods
- Lecture according to the study materials, with focus on basic syntactic structures and sociopragmatic specifics of the Japanese language. Students also get acquainted with the basic terms of the Japanese linguistics. Additional explanation based is offered in written form. Lectures encompass also short reports of study assignments by students.
- Assessment methods
- Weekly tests, final written exam, assignment report. Attendance of at least 70 % is required. The attendance is checked by short tests every week.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Information on completion of the course: Do záverečného hodnocení budu započítavány i průběžné testy.
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Zápis mimo japanistiku je podmíněn souhlasem vyučujícího.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses