FF:JPN224 Reading Japanese I - Course Information
JPN224 Reading Japanese IFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Marek Mikeš (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Ivan Rumánek, PhD. et PhD
Department of Japanese Studies - Asia Studies Centre - Faculty of Arts
Supplier department: Department of Japanese Studies - Asia Studies Centre - Faculty of Arts
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- JPN211 Japanese language III -theory
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 40 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/40, only registered: 0/40
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The course is dedicated to students in their second year, who have already acquired the basics of Japanese language and script. Its goal is to solidify the students' ability to read Japanese texts. For the classes, that are taught in the form of seminars, the students will be required to individually prepare assigned texts to discuss their meaning in class. During the course, the students will familiarize themselves with the structure and specifics of lower-intermediate texts. At the same time, the students deepen their knowledge of Japanese vocabulary and script through reading texts on Japanese culture, improving their general knowledge of Japan in the process.
- Learning outcomes
- After finishing this course, the students will be able: -to understand the structure of lower-intermediate Japanese texts -to better understand written Japanese
- 1. introductory lesson 2. reading of selected texts from Intermediate Japan Reading Skill Builder 3. reading of selected texts from Intermediate Japan Reading Skill Builder 4. reading of selected texts from Yomu toreningu kisohen 5. reading of selected texts from Yomu toreningu kisohen 6 reading of selected texts from Yomu toreningu kisohen 7. reading of selected texts from Yomu toreningu oyohen 8. reading of selected texts from Yomu toreningu oyohen 9. reading of selected texts from Yomu toreningu oyohen 10. reading of selected texts from Yomu toreningu oyohen 11. reading of selected texts from Yomu toreningu kisohen 12. reading of a selected text based on students' requests
- Mikami, K. – Yamagata, M. – Aoki, T. – Wakuri, M. Jomu toréningu ójóhen, 1. revised ed. Tokyo: 3A Corporation, 2010.
- Wakuri, M. – Mikami K. – Yamagata M. – Aoki, T. Jomu toréningu kisohen, 1. revised ed. Tokyo: 3A Corporation, 2010.
- Tomioka, S. – Takaoka, S. Intermediate Japan Reading Skill Builder. Tokyo: ALC, 1997.
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- Final translation test with the use of vocabularies, regular quizes on vocabulary
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Zápis mimo japanistiku je podmíněn souhlasem vyučujícího.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2020/JPN224