FF:JPNB33 Reading Japanese Fiction - Course Information
JPNB33 Reading Japanese FictionFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Mgr. Zuzana Rozwalka (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Ivan Rumánek, PhD. et PhD
Department of Japanese Studies - Asia Studies Centre - Faculty of Arts
Supplier department: Department of Japanese Studies - Asia Studies Centre - Faculty of Arts
- Wed 10:00–11:40 D31
- JPN224 Reading Japanese I && JPN221 Japanese language IV - Theory
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Japanese Studies (programme FF, B-JA_) (3)
- Course objectives
- Students will deepen their their interpreting abilities and learn the basics of various interpreting approaches.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course students should be able to read and interpret fiction text independently. The cours should also mediate a contact with common japanese (not colloquial) - with language different to the one in the textbooks.
- 1. Course introduction 2-5. translation exercises 6. presentation of the students translations 7- 12. translation exercises
- recommended literature
- Emerich, M.: Read Real Japanese - Essays. Tokyo 2008.
- Emerich, M.: Read Real Japanese - Fiction. Tokyo 2008.
- Teaching methods
- The classes will have two forms - collective work and translation homework. The copies of the text will be available in the IS during the semester.
- Assessment methods
- 70% test success rate, 1 submitted translation, 1 submitted set of vocabulary, 1 homework.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
General note: Opakovaný zápis je možný pouze se souhlasem vyučující.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2020/JPNB33