FF:JPNB37 Japanese Film and Culture - Course Information
JPNB37 Japanese Film and CultureFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 4/0/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Zuzana Kubovčáková, M.A., Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Jiří Matela, M.A., Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Barbora Mejzlíková (lecturer)
Mgr. Marek Mikeš, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. Ivo Plšek, M.A., M. P. P. (lecturer)
Mgr. Zuzana Rozwalka (lecturer)
Mgr. Ivan Rumánek, PhD. et PhD (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Ivan Rumánek, PhD. et PhD
Department of Japanese Studies - Asia Studies Centre - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Ivan Rumánek, PhD. et PhD
Supplier department: Department of Japanese Studies - Asia Studies Centre - Faculty of Arts
- Tue 18:00–20:40 B2.13
- ! JAP219 Japanese Culture in Film. && ! NOWANY ( JAP219 Japanese Culture in Film. )
Solid knowledge of English (to be able to follow lectures and English film subtitles)
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 120 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 114/120, only registered: 0/120, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/120
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Japanese Studies (programme FF, B-JA_) (3)
- Course objectives
- The course aims at introducing certain aspects of Japanese cultural patterns by means of selected cinematography of renowned Japanese directors and their exemplary works. A number of movies that are nowadays considered cultic or classical have been selected for screening throughout the term, with a concise introduction to the contemporary social or cultural setting of the plot. The movies will among others include Japanese historical narratives presented in a more modern disguise, classical-novels-turned-films, and some traditional anime.
- Learning outcomes
- By the end of the course students will gain a thorough knowledge of Japanese cultural as well as social and historical patterns via the media of cinematography.
- 0. Introduction to the course;
- 1. - 11. Screenings of selected movies, fictions and documentaries, introductory lectures;
- 12. Conclusion – final discussion
- Teaching methods
- Lecture, presentation with commentary, discussion.
- Assessment methods
- Final written test (score 70% or higher). Class attendance required.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
General note: Předmět je určen i pro studenty mimo mateřské obory.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2020/JPNB37