FF:JSS205 Older South Slavic Lit. - Course Information
JSS205 Older South Slavic LiteratureFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/1/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Mgr. Petr Stehlík, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Petr Stehlík, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Pavel Krejčí, Ph.D.
Department of Slavonic Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Petr Stehlík, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Slavonic Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Thu 15:00–17:25 U23
- Home reading and good preparation are required. Analyzed texts are the Czech translations of representative works of South Slavic authors.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 78 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to provide a survey of the development of the older literature of the South Slavic nations since the beginnings of the Slavonic written culture to the of the 19th century. The literary development is examined in the domestic as well as European historical and cultural context. The seminar is based on the intensive home reading and the analysis of relevant texts. On successful completion of the course student will acquire comparative knowledge of several epochs of the literary development in the Slavic South.
- 1) Beginnings of the Slavonic Written Culture, Great Moravian and Ohrid literary schools; 2) Preslav literary school, Bulgarian of the Middle Ages; 3) Croatian Literature of the Middle Ages; 4) Serbian Literature of the Middle Ages; 5) Croatian Renaissance Literature; 6) Bulgarian Literature of the Middle Ages and the Early Modern Age; 7) Serbian Literature of the Early Modern Age; 8) Bulgarian Englightenment and the Beginnings of the National Revival; 9) Serbian Baroque, Enlightenment, Sentimentalism and Classicism; 10) Literature of the Territory of Croatia, Dalmatia, Republic of Ragusa (Dubrovnik) and Bosnia in the Baroque and Enlightenment Era.
- required literature
- Slovník spisovatelů : Jugoslávie : srbská a černohorská, charvátská, bosensko-hercegovská, slovinská a makedonská literatura . Praha: Odeon, 1979. info
- DOROVSKÝ, Ivan. Slovník balkánských spisovatelů. Praha: Libri, 2001. 683 pp. info
- DOROVSKÝ, Ivan. Slovník spisovatelů : Bulharsko. Praha: Odeon, 1978. info
- VAŠICA, Josef. Literární památky epochy velkomoravské 863-885. Vyd. 2. Praha: Vyšehrad, 1996. 340 s. ISBN 8070211695. info
- Zlatý věk bulharského písemnictví : výbor textů od X. do počátku XV. století. Edited by Věnceslava Bechyňová - Zoe Hauptová. 1. vyd. Praha: Vyšehrad, 1982. 439 s. info
- Koráb korálový : tisíc let charvátské poezie v díle stovky básníků. Translated by Dušan Karpatský. Vyd. 1. V Praze: Fori Prague, 2007. 750 s. ISBN 9788023995947. info
- PAVELKA, Jiří and Ivo POSPÍŠIL. Slovník epoch, směrů, skupin a manifestů. Brno: Georgetown, 1993. 290 s. ISBN 8090160409. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures, home reading, class discussion, e-learning.
- Assessment methods
- Prerequisites for granting the credit: regular attendance (maximum of 3 absences during a semester) and thorough home preparation on weekly basis (unprepared student is going to be considered as absent) participation in class discussio and fulfilling all tasks in the ELF. Final exam has a form of a written test. Final assessment consists of three criteria: test (50 %), participation in class discussion (25 %), e-learning (25 %).
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Information about innovation of course.
- This course has been innovated under the project "Faculty of Arts as Centre of Excellence in Education: Complex Innovation of Study Programmes and Fields at FF MU with Regard to the Requirements of the Knowledge Economy“ – Reg. No. CZ.1.07/2.2.00/28.0228, which is cofinanced by the European Social Fond and the national budget of the Czech Republic.
- Teacher's information