FF:KJIA002 Practical Catalan II - Course Information
KJIA002 Practical Catalan IIFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/4/0. 4 credit(s). Recommended Type of Completion: zk (examination). Other types of completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Pavlína Javorová Švandová (lecturer)
Mgr. Lucie Rossowová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Petr Kyloušek, CSc.
Department of Romance Languages and Literatures - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. David Utrera Domínguez
Supplier department: Department of Romance Languages and Literatures - Faculty of Arts
- Mon 18:00–19:40 L31, Wed 8:00–9:40 L42
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- KJIA001 Practical Catalan I
Jazykový seminář I
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The main goal of this course is that students acquire communicative competences in Catalan corresponding to level A2 in the Common European Framework. This means that, in general, students will be able to understand and produce common expressions related to personal information, family, buying, local geography or job. Communicative competences include linguistic competences (phonetical, lexical, gramatical, etc.), sociolinguistic and pragmatical competences, so that students will have to be able to distinguish textual typology, registers and linguistic varieties and appropriateness in different communicative contexts.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course, students have to be basic users of Catalan. This means that they have to be able to: 1. Understand and produce common sentences and expressions related to matters of immediate importance (for instance, basic personal information, information about the family, shopping, local geography and job). 2. Communicate in simple situations that require simple and direct exchange of information about familiar and common subjects. 3. Describe, in a simple way, aspects related to personal experiences, context or immediate needs.
- 1. Personal descriptions 2. Place of residence 3. Work 4. Daily activity and entertainments 5. Transportation and travel 6. Politics and institutions 7. News 8. Psychology of people 9. Training 10. Commercial relations 11. Gastronomy and food 12. Public and private services
- required literature
- Mas, Marta & Albert Vilagrasa (2007): Veus 2. Curs de català. Barcelona: Publicacions de l’Abadia de Montserrat
- Mas, Marta; Albert Vilagrasa; Núria Bastons; Gemma Verdés; M. Helena Vergés (2005): Veus 1. Curs de català (llibre de l’alumne). Barcelona: Publicacions de l’Abadia de Montserrat.
- not specified
- MAS PRATS, Marta and Albert VILAGRASA GRANDIA. Gramàtica catalana de la A a la Z. Edited by Anna Bartra Kaufmann. 1a ed. Barcelona: Publicacions de l'Abadia de Montserrat, 2012. 509 s. ISBN 9788498835243. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures, class discussion, practical exercises, homework
- Assessment methods
- Final exam consisting of 4 parts: oral comprehension, written comprehension, oral expression, written expression
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses