FF:KSCB010 Chinese Grammar Seminar I - Course Information
KSCB010 Chinese Grammar Seminar IFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Mgr. Zuzana Pospěchová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- doc. Lucie Olivová, MA, Ph.D., DSc.
China Studies Seminar - Asia Studies Centre - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Jana Vávrová Mašková, Ph.D.
Supplier department: China Studies Seminar - Asia Studies Centre - Faculty of Arts
- Tue 9:10–10:45 U35
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- KSCA005 Chinese Grammar II
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to deepen active and passive knowledge of Chinese grammar acquired in courses Chinese Grammar I-II.
At the end of the course students should be able to:
translate complicated sentences in modern Chinese
create complicated sentences in modern Chinese
- Learning outcomes
- Student will be able to: - understand to the more complicated grammar of Modern Chinese - translate complicated sentences in Modern Chinese - create complicated sentences in modern Chinese
- The course follows the textbook: Yip Po-Ching and Don Rimmington, Intermediate Chinese: A Grammar and Workbook, London and New York: Routledge, 1998. It follows the lessons order - lessons 1-12.
- required literature
- Yip Po-Ching and Don Rimmington, Intermediate Chinese: A Grammar and Workbook, London and New York: Routledge, 1998.
- not specified
- Švarný O. a kol., Hovorová čínština v příkladech. Sv. I-IV. Olomouc: Vydavatelství UP 1998.
- Švarný O., Uher D., Úvod do studia hovorové čínštiny. Olomouc: Vydavatelství UP 1997.
- DEFRANCIS, John. The Chinese language : fact and fantasy. Pbk. ed. Honolulu: University of Hawai'i Press, 1986. x, 330. ISBN 0824808665. info
- Teaching methods
- seminars, tests, homeworks
- Assessment methods
- 1) absence policy - 1 absence allowed 2) written test consisting of ca 20 questions and tasks, minimum pass level 70 %.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Zápis mimo Kulturní studia Číny je podmíněn souhlasem vyučujícího.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2017/KSCB010