FF:LMD15 Doctoral Dissertation - Course Information
LMD15 Doctoral DissertationFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 25 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. Mgr. Petra Mutlová, M.A., Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. PhDr. Jana Nechutová, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Dana Stehlíková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- prof. PhDr. Jana Nechutová, CSc.
Department of Classical Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Jitka Erlebachová
Supplier department: Department of Classical Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Acquisition of the appropriate number of credit points in the Doctoral Study Programme of Medieval Latin Language and Literature.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Medieval Latin Language and Literature (programme FF, D-FI4) (2)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is the writing of doctoral thesis. Students choose the theme of their doctoral thesis (in cooperation with the head teacher) so as it pertained to the field of the Czech or European medieval (or patristic) Latin literature. The head teacher also names the tutor of the thesis.
- Learning outcomes
- Student will be able to present his / her knowledge and the results of his / her research work before the commission.
- The syllabus is dependent on the theme of the thesis. Generally, it should consist of:
- background research of the primary and secondary literature;
- elaboration of particular issues;
- elaboration of the structure of the chapters and their major focus;
- footnotes and supplements;
- list of primary and secondary sources and literature.
- Literatura je předepsána individuálně podle tématu práce.
- Literature is assigned on an individual basis based on the topic of the thesis.
- Teaching methods
- Consultations with the supervisor; continuous critical evaluation of the text; processing the feedback; writing.
- Assessment methods
- Credit is granted after the submission of the completed doctoral thesis and its acceptance by the supervisor.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught each semester.
The course is taught: in blocks.