FF:LMD_DSZJ1 Doctoral Seminar I - Course Information
LMD_DSZJ1 Doctoral Seminar IFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. Mgr. Petra Mutlová, M.A., Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. PhDr. Jana Nechutová, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Dana Stehlíková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- prof. PhDr. Jana Nechutová, CSc.
Department of Classical Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Jitka Erlebachová
Supplier department: Department of Classical Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to familiarise students with the character of the doctoral programme and the research focus of the Department of Classical Studies (Czech Reformation, critical editions of Latin treatises of Jan Hus etc.) as well as with the topics of the Phd students of Medieval Latin Language and Literature: Historic Language of the Czech lands.
- Learning outcomes
- Upon successful completion of the course students will have a comprehensive overview of the main research topics in the field of medieval Latin language and literature. They will acquire basic information about further languages used in literary sources from the medieval Czech lands.
- Bloc teaching – tutors from all three historic languages of the Czech lands are present (Latin, Czech, German):
- introduction to the course of the Phd programme and specification of the requirements for students;
- cooperation between the student and the supervisor;
- presentation of topics in the field of medieval Latin language and literature (Czech Reformation, critical editions of Latin treatises of Jan Hus, other projects) as well as research projects carried out at other cooperating departments (Czech, German);
- topics of the assigned and suggested PhD dissertations for the specialization in the historic languages of the Czech lands.
- Literatura: dle zvolených témat doktorských disertací.
- Literature is assigned based on the topics of the dissertations.
- Teaching methods
- Seminar work; presentations of research and doctoral projects; seminar discussion.
- Assessment methods
- Regular and active class participation.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: blok.
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2019/LMD_DSZJ1