FF:LMKB503 Editorial praxis workshops - Course Information
LMKB503 Editorial praxis workshopsFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Sylva Ficová (lecturer)
Mgr. Zuzana Fonioková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Filip Krajník, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Irina Matusevich (lecturer)
Mgr. Dime Mitrevski (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Zbyněk Fišer, Ph.D. (alternate examiner)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Zbyněk Fišer, Ph.D.
Department of Czech Literature - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Eva Zachová
Supplier department: Department of Czech Literature - Faculty of Arts
- each even Thursday 14:10–17:25 U37
- min. C1 level of English
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 25 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/25, only registered: 0/25, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/25
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The aim of this subject is to develop students' practical skills and to enhance their competencies of translation from English into Czech.
- Corpuses, databases, and dictionaries
- Translation of film subtitles
- Theatre translation
- Literary translation, translation of fiction
- Translation editing and corrections
- Translation of children's literature
- Teaching methods
- 6 workshops 4*45 minutes led by invited experts and practitioners (both from MU and external). Each workshop is going to consist of 3 basic parts: the instructor's lecture (intro into the topic); discussion; hands-on training.
- Assessment methods
- Students need to hand in a portfolio with protocols about three workshops of their own choice, including completed tasks and homework, their reflection of the skills and knowledge they have gained, and feedback regarding the class.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught only once.
General note: Předmět bude otevřen a vyučován při minimálním počtu 6 zapsaných studujících.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 0.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2017/LMKB503