FF:LMKX01 A Thesis Seminar, Pt. I - Course Information
LMKX01 A Thesis Seminar, Pt. IFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 10 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. PhDr. Hana Bočková, Dr. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Petr Bubeníček, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Zbyněk Fišer, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Zuzana Fonioková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Miroslav Kotásek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Jan Tlustý, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Zbyněk Fišer, Ph.D.
Department of Czech Literature - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Eva Zachová
Supplier department: Department of Czech Literature - Faculty of Arts
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 6 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The goal of the diploma seminar is to assist the student in completing the diploma thesis and prepare for its successful defence. This timetable for the consultations is arranged on an individual basis.
Student consultations with the thesis advisor, which take place based on the needs of the student and with a view to the quality and completedness of the work. The diploma thesis addresses a scholarly issue at a level appropriate to the degree being pursued. In the diploma thesis the student must demonstrate the ability to work independently in keeping with academic standards, a knowledge and understanding of the relevant scholarly literature and the ability to analyze the issue under study.
- Learning outcomes
- After the completion of the course, the student shall be able:
- to set a hypothesis, an outline, a time frame, as well as to write up an annotation to the literary thesis;
- to research and work with relevant secondary literature according to the thematic focus of their thesis;
- to propose adequate methods of collecting research material, and apply these methods by themselves;
- individually describe, analyze, interpret and evaluate collected material;
- to write a qualification thesis within the length, contents, language, and formal standards as required for a Master of Arts literary thesis.
- 1. Getting acquainted with adequate secondary literature.
- 2. Collecting research materials, their classification and description.
- 3. Analysis, interpretation, and assessment of the collected material.
- 4. Writing up individual chapters. Resumé.
- The course outline shall be specified in according to the arrangements made between the thesis supervisor and the student.
- Konkrétní literatura bude zadána po dohodě s vedoucím práce, v závislosti na zpracovávaném tématu.
- Further literature for the diploma thesis seminar is assigned on an individual basis based on the topic of the thesis. | (in Czech) Literatura pro diplomový seminář je předepsána individuálně podle tématu práce.
- Teaching methods
- Tutorials. Homework.
- Assessment methods
- The advisor awards the course-unit credit for the semester on the basis of progress made and student-advisor consultations
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught each semester.
General note: Student absolvuje seminář u vedoucího diplomové práce.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 0.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2020/LMKX01