FF:MED65 Arab Women Writers - Course Information
MED65 Arab Women WritersFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Mgr. Danuša Čižmíková, PhD. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Katarina Petrovićová, Ph.D.
Department of Classical Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Jitka Erlebachová
Supplier department: Department of Classical Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Tue 18:00–19:40 D51
- The lectures are open to students from different fields of study, and may be of particular interest to students pursuing literary or gender studies as well as those enrolled in social sciences who also make use of literary and cultural texts in their theoretical work. No Arabic required.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 22 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Women in Arab Society.
- Women's Literary Culture. The Salons.
- Reclaiming the Tradition of Telling Stories.
- Lebanese Civil War Novel.
- Lebanese Post-Civil War Novel.
- The Question of Palestine and the Novel.
- required literature
- ṢUBḤ, ʻAlawīyah. Maryam : keeper of stories. Translated by Nirvana Tanoukhi. First published. London: Seagull Books, 2016. 265 stran. ISBN 9780857423252. info
- The literary life of Cairo : one hundred years in the heart of the city. Edited by Samia Mehrez. First published. Cairo: The American University in Cairo Press, 2011. xv, 433. ISBN 9789774163906. info
- recommended literature
- ZEIDAN, JOSEPH T. Arab Women Novelists : The Formative Years and Beyond. New York: State University of New York Press, 1995. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures and class discussions.
- Assessment methods
- Ongoing assessment: reading assignments, active participation in class discussions. Final assignment: an essay of 10,000 – 14,000 characters to be submitted in English, Slovak or Czech language. Students are encouraged to present their original insights and ideas observing the conventions of the academic essay.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught once in two years.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2018/MED65