FF:MEDMgr15 Practical Arabic III - Course Information
MEDMgr15 Practical Arabic IIIFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/3/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Danuša Čižmíková, PhD. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Danuša Čižmíková, PhD.
Department of Classical Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Jitka Erlebachová
Supplier department: Department of Classical Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Mon 14:00–15:40 A24, Wed 14:00–15:40 A24
- MEDMgr14 Practical Arabic II
The course is aimed at students of the Arabic module in the Mediterranean studies programme, as well as participants enrolled in other study programmes, especially if those are of philological nature. Successful completion of MEDMgr14 Jazykový seminář arabštiny II is required.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 20 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 3/20, only registered: 0/20, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/20
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 25 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Throughout the course, students will familiarize themselves with the Moods of the Imperfect (Subjunctive, Jussive), their formal characteristics and usage. Forms II-IV of the Arabic verb will be covered and students will learn how to express modality in Arabic. They will also get acquainted with the verbal noun (masdar) and its usage. Alongside the grammar-focused lessons, considerable attention will be given to solidifying and widening students' active vocabulary, as well as to enhancing their communication skills. At the end of the course students will have attained level A2.1 according to CEFR.
- Learning outcomes
- Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
- read a more complex text in Arabic;
- express modality in Arabic;
- recognize the moods of the imperfect and use them with correctness.
- Moods of the Imperfect. The subjunctive mood.
- The jussive - its formal characteristics and usage.
- The verb araada (to want).
- Expressing modality in Arabic.
- Masdar (verbal noun).
- Forms of the Arabic verb (introduction).
- Form II.
- Form III.
- Form IV.
- OLIVERIUS, Jaroslav and František ONDRÁŠ. Moderní spisovná arabština : vysokoškolská učebnice. Praha: Set out, 2007. 287 s. ISBN 8086277518. info
- BAHBOUH, Charif and Jiří FLEISSIG. Základy moderní spisovné arabštiny. 2. díl. 2. vyd. Praha: Dar ibn Rushd, 2004. 208 pp. ISBN 80-86149-39-0. info
- SCHULZ, Eckehard, Günter KRAHL and Wolfgang REUSCHEL. Standard Arabic : An elementary-intermediate course. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2000. 654 pp. ISBN 0-521-77465-9. info
- Teaching methods
- Grammar exercises, listening and responding, reading comprehension, speaking skills practice.
- Assessment methods
- Ongoing student assessment: homeworks assigned during the term and active participation in the seminars (75 % minimum is required). 2 tests during the course of the term. Final written examination at the end of the term.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2018/MEDMgr15