FF:MEDMgr16 Practical Arabic IV - Course Information
MEDMgr16 Practical Arabic IVFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/3/0. 4 credit(s). Recommended Type of Completion: zk (examination). Other types of completion: k (colloquium).
- Mgr. Danuša Čižmíková, PhD. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Katarina Petrovićová, Ph.D.
Department of Classical Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Jitka Erlebachová
Supplier department: Department of Classical Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Mon 14:00–15:40 A24, Wed 14:00–15:40 D32
- MEDMgr15 Practical Arabic III
The course is aimed at students of the Arabic module in the Mediterranean studies programme, as well as participants enrolled in other study programmes, especially if those are of philological nature. Successful completion of MEDMgr15 Jazykový seminář arabštiny III is required.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 15 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 1/15, only registered: 0/15, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/15
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 19 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Throughout the course, students will familiarize themselves with the basic morphematic structures and morphonological features of Arabic (weak verbs, derived verb forms). More complex syntactic structures will also be introduced and practised, and significant emphasis will be given on comprehension and text structure instruction. The course will also focus on further development of students' communication skills in Arabic. At the end of the course students will have attained level A2.2 according to CEFR.
- Learning outcomes
- Upon completion of the course, students will demostrate:
- improved syntactic awareness;
- improved reading comprehension and written composition skills;
- improved listening and speaking skills.
- Weak verbs.
- Verb forms V-X.
- Passive in Arabic.
- Relative clauses.
- Temporal clauses.
- required literature
- BAHBOUH, Charif and Jiří FLEISSIG. Základy moderní spisovné arabštiny. 2. díl. 2. vyd. Praha: Dar ibn Rushd, 2004. 208 pp. ISBN 80-86149-39-0. info
- not specified
- OLIVERIUS, Jaroslav and František ONDRÁŠ. Moderní spisovná arabština : vysokoškolská učebnice. Praha: Set out, 2007. 287 s. ISBN 8086277518. info
- SCHULZ, Eckehard, Günter KRAHL and Wolfgang REUSCHEL. Standard Arabic : An elementary-intermediate course. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2000. 654 pp. ISBN 0-521-77465-9. info
- Teaching methods
- Grammar exercises, listening and responding, reading comprehension, speaking and writing skills practice.
- Assessment methods
- Ongoing student assessment: homeworks assigned during the term and active participation in the seminars (75 % minimum is required). 2 tests during the course of the term. Final written examination at the end of the term.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2019/MEDMgr16