FF:MUI_296 Editorial work in museums - Course Information
MUI_296 Editorial work in museumsFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Pavla Stöhrová (lecturer)
- prof. Mgr. Jiří Macháček, Ph.D.
Division of Museology - Department of Archaeology and Museology - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Lucie Valášková
Supplier department: Division of Museology - Department of Archaeology and Museology - Faculty of Arts
- Mon 10:50–12:25 TMB
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 20 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/20, only registered: 0/20
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 7 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The student will be introduced to all aspects of editorial and publishing work in heritage institutions, the specifics of different types of publication output will be introduced (catalogues and guides, scientific catalogue, synthesis, nonfiction publication, periodic and aperiodic printed material, Internet presentations and electronic documents, publishing activity as a part of research work, information base and registers, etc.). The student will get an overview of current legislation governing publishing activities, attention will be paid to the copyright law, and economic and marketing aspects of publishing activities. The practical part of publishing activity will not be left out, that is the process of editorial and pre-print preparation and of the printing itself, including the latest trends in electronic publishing.
- Types of publication outputs and their specifics; process of editorial preparation of texts and publications (publishing plans and editorial strategy, editorial board, the work of an editor, staffer, technical editorial, specifics of printed and e-publication); pre-print preparation and printing; specifics of publishing activity in connection with science and development; legislation, economics and marketing editorial work; latest trends and possibilities - ebook, Internet portals, Internet periodics.
- BEDNÁŘ, Vojtěch. Internetová publicistika. Vyd. 1. Praha: Grada, 2011. 210 s. ISBN 9788024734521. info
- POKORNÝ, Milan and Dana POKORNÁ. Redakční práce : jak připravit text k publikování. Vyd. 1. Praha: Grada, 2011. 217 s. ISBN 9788024737737. info
- DVOŘÁKOVÁ, Zdenka. DTP a předtisková příprava : kompletní průvodce od grafického návrhu po profesionální tisk. Vyd. 1. Brno: Computer Press, 2008. 288 s. ISBN 9788025118818. info
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- written test
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.