FF:MVK_01 Diploma Seminar I - Course Information
MVK_01 Diploma Seminar IFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 15 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Viktor Pantůček, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Ing. František Svoboda, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Viktor Pantůček, Ph.D.
Department of Musicology - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Jan Karafiát
Supplier department: Department of Musicology - Faculty of Arts
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The goal of the diploma seminar is to assist the student in completing the diploma thesis and prepare for its successful defence. This timetable for the consultations is arranged on an individual basis.
- Learning outcomes
- The course is organized as a combination of group and subsequent individual consultations. At the end of this course, students should be able to: • - formulate thesis objectives properly, • - set proper working hypotheses, • - choose relevant methods to work up the thesis, • - choose information sources, • - generalize acquired pieces of knowledge, • - present the thesis as well as its contribution.
- Student consultations with the thesis advisor, which take place based on the needs of the student and with a view to the quality and completedness of the work. The diploma thesis addresses a scholarly issue at a level appropriate to the degree being pursued. In the diploma thesis the student must demonstrate the ability to work independently in keeping with academic standards, a knowledge and understanding of the relevant scholarly literature and the ability to analyze the issue under study.
- KUBÁTOVÁ, Helena and Dušan ŠIMEK. Od abstraktu do závěrečné práce : jak napsat diplomovou práci ve společenskovědních a humanitních oborech : praktická příručka. 4., přeprac. vyd. Olomouc: Univerzita Palackého v Olomouci, 2007. 90 s. ISBN 9788024415895. info
- POKORNÝ, Jiří. Úspěšnost zaručena : jak efektivně zpracovat a obhájit diplomovou práci. Vyd. 1. Brno: Akademické nakladatelství CERM, 2004. 207 s. ISBN 807204348X. info
- Teaching methods
- The lessons consist of the presentations of the scientific and research methods, case studies of the selected thesis (“good practice” examples), class discussions and individual consultations.
- Assessment methods
- The advisor awards the course-unit credit for the semester on the basis of progress made and student-advisor consultations
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught each semester.
The course is taught: every other week.