FF:NI03_43 Sociolinguistics - Course Information
NI03_43 Introduction to SociolinguisticsFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 3 credit(s). Recommended Type of Completion: z (credit). Other types of completion: k (colloquium).
- Mgr. Marta Kostelecká, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Sofie Rose-Anne W. Royeaerd, M.A. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Marta Kostelecká, Ph.D.
Department of German, Scandinavian and Netherland Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Marta Kostelecká, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of German, Scandinavian and Netherland Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 12 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- In this course students will learn the basics of sociolinguistic science and its approaches to language. They will also learn in detail about the language variation in the Netherlands and Belgium, and its implications and methods of research.
- Learning outcomes
- The student will know what sociolonguistics is, what it does and what its research methods are.The student will be orientated in the language situation in the Netherlands.
- Research methods
- Language variation in the Netherlands
- Language variation in Belgium
- Variety of Dutch
- recommended literature
- Appel, R. et.al, Taal en taalwetenschap, Blackwell Publishing, 2008
- Nortier, Jacomine: Nederland meertalenland, Amsterdam: AUPress, 2009
- ABSILLIS, JASPERS & HOOF 2012A. Absillis, Kevin, Jürgen Jaspers & Sarah Van Hoof (red.), De manke usurpator. Over Verkavelingsvlaams. Gent, 2012.
- Assessment methods
- presence, presentation of summary of texts
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught only once.
The course is taught: in blocks.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2018/NI03_43