FF:NJDII_001 Didactics of German - Course Information
NJDII_001 Didactics of the German languageFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- prof. PhDr. Věra Janíková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Johannes Benjamin Köck, BA, MA (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Sylvie Stanovská, Dr. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Sylvie Stanovská, Dr.
Department of German, Scandinavian and Netherland Studies - Faculty of Arts
Supplier department: Department of German, Scandinavian and Netherland Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Wed 14:00–15:40 L41
- The requirement for the participation in this class is a completed bachelor degree in german language or a comparable field of study.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in German Language and Literature (programme FF, N-NJU_) (3)
- Course objectives
- The main aim of this lecture is to impart the theoretical foundations for the observation and analysis of classes of german as a foreign/second language. With the aid of these fundamentals the student is capable to benefit from his/her observing stage, that takes the form of a hearing in the first semester and from the second semester follows in the form of own instruction combined with other practically oriented activities in the prescribed grant.
- Learning outcomes
- - the student has a theoretical framework of skills for the observationa and analysis of classroom situations.
- the student can observe and evaluate teaching according to scientific criteria.
- the student is capable to give a factual and constructive feedback.
- the student learns how to reflect his/her own teaching methods
- 1. Why observation and analysis? Goals of classroom observations
- 2. Basic terminology, influencing factors and methods
- 3. Forms of observation
- 4. Analysis criteria
- 5. Collaborative analysis of classroom situations (videos)
- 6. Slight mishaps and mistakes during observation
- 7. Compilation of an observation and analysis report
- 8. Documentation and discussion
- ZIEBELL, Barbara. Unterrichtsbeobachtung und Lehrerverhalten. München: Goethe Institut, 2007. 1 DVD-vide. ISBN 9783468496196. info
- ZIEBELL, Barbara and Herrad MEESE. Unterrichtsbeobachtung und Lehrerverhalten. München: Goethe Institut, 2002. 174 s. ISBN 3468496338. info
- HUNFELD, Hans and Gerhard NEUNER. Methoden des fremdsprachlichen Deutschunterrichts : eine Einführung. Berlin: Langenscheidt, 1992. 184 s. ISBN 3468. info
- SÖNTGEN, Willy. Unterrichtsanalyse : methodische Ansätze und ihre wissenschaftstheoretischen Implikationen. Hamburg: Verlag Dr. Kovač, 1992. 145 s. ISBN 3860640283. info
- Teaching methods
- - reading of basic literature
- debates in class
- Group projects, video based analysis
- presentation of the personal report and evaluation of the classroom observations.
- Assessment methods
- Kick-off presentation based on a scientific text, which was read in class. An attendance of at least 75% is mandatory.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2019/NJDII_001