FF:NJII_117B Themes of the Medieval Lit. - Course Information
NJII_117B Selected Themes of the Medieval Literature and their Realisations in German and CzechFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Mgr. Vlastimil Brom, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Vlastimil Brom, Ph.D.
Department of German, Scandinavian and Netherland Studies - Faculty of Arts
Supplier department: Department of German, Scandinavian and Netherland Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Mon 14:00–15:40 G25
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 25 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/25, only registered: 1/25
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 8 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The seminar deals with some characteristic topics of the Medieval German and Czech Literature.
Selected pieces of medieval literature, mainly with relevance for the Bohemian Lands are analysed and interpretted, with respect to the characteristic topical schemes and individual realisations.
- Learning outcomes
- Upon completition of the course, the students will be able to: outline the main features of the literature production in the Middle Ages; identify and interpret the common literature traditions in both Czech and German language contexts; interpret the influence directions and interrelations in individual texts.
- the oldest German language literature in the Bohemian Lands - Christe ginado (parallel comparison with Hospodine pomiluj ny)
- Courtoise songs written by the king Wenzel II.
- Old Czech Love Poetry and Minnesang
- Courtoise epic works (German and Czech) Tristan and Isolde, Duke Ernst
- didactic texts - Disticha Catonis
- Old Czech Dalimil Chronicle and its translations
- Chronicles from era Charles' IV. and their translations
- Fontes Rerum Bohemicarum III, Praha 1882. s. I - 238 (Dalimilova kronika)
- Herzog Ernst, Hrsg. von B. Sowinski, Stuttgart 1998.
- Kraus, Arnošt: Christe ginado a Hospodine pomiluj ny. Praha 1897.
- Moravo, Čechy, radujte se! : němečtí a rakouští básníci v českých zemích za posledních Přemyslovců. Edited by Václav Bok - Jindřich Pokorný, Translated by Antonín Hartl. V Praze: Aula, 1998. 231 s. : i. ISBN 80-901626-9-X. info
- Česká středověká lyrika. Edited by Jan Lehár. Vyd. 1. Praha: Vyšehrad, 1990. 406 s. ISBN 807021015X. info
- Rytířské srdce majíce : česká rytířská epika 14. století . Praha: Odeon, 1984. info
- Teaching methods
- lectures; students presentations; class discussion; comparative text interpretation
- Assessment methods
- oral presentation, seminar work
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2020/NJII_117B