FF:NJII_183A German lexicology II - Course Information
NJII_183A German lexicology IIFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 4 credit(s). Recommended Type of Completion: k (colloquium). Other types of completion: zk (examination).
Taught in person.
- prof. PhDr. Iva Zündorf, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Iva Zündorf, Ph.D.
Department of German, Scandinavian and Netherland Studies - Faculty of Arts
Supplier department: Department of German, Scandinavian and Netherland Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Mon 12:00–12:50 K24 and each odd Tuesday 10:00–11:40 B2.42
- Basic knowledge of linguistic terminology
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 8 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to acquire the theoretical and practical knowledge necessary for mastering word-formation analysis.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course students should be able to identify, distinguish and to analyse specific word formation phenomena of contemporary German, they should get practice in making deductions based on the analysis of particular texts.
- Dynamism of the lexical system
- The place of word formation in terms of grammar and lexis,
- Word formation in German,productivity, activity of word formations
- Word formation mechanisms according to respective word classes
- Basic concepts of the German word formation
- Affix confix infix and interfix and their role in German
- Word formation of nouns adjectives and verbs
- Word formation trends in the contemporary German
- Analysis of word formation mechanisms, categories and types in several discourses relating to the analogous and different processes in German and Czech.
- recommended literature
- FLEISCHER, Wolfgang and Irmhild BARZ. Wortbildung der deutschen Gegenwartssprache. Edited by Marianne Schröder. 2., durchgesehene und erg. A. Tübingen: Max Niemeyer, 1995. 382 s. ISBN 3-484-10682-4. info
- LOHDE, Michael. Wortbildung des modernen Deutschen : ein Lehr- und Übungsbuch. Tübingen: Gunter Narr, 2006. 350 s. ISBN 3823362119. info
- BARZ, Irmhild. Wortbildung - praktisch und integrativ :ein Arbeitsbuch. Frankfurt am Main: Peter Lang, Europäischer Verlag der Wissenschaften, 2002. 187 s. ISBN 3-631-38997-3. info
- Teaching methods
- lecture analysis and class discussions in seminars
- Assessment methods
- lectures, practical analysis, homework written test
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2022/NJII_183A