FF:NJII_35B German mass media - Course Information
NJII_35B German mass mediaFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- doc. PhDr. Jiřina Malá, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Jiřina Malá, CSc.
Department of German, Scandinavian and Netherland Studies - Faculty of Arts
Supplier department: Department of German, Scandinavian and Netherland Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Wed 12:00–13:40 G23
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 25 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 7/25, only registered: 1/25
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 8 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Main objectives can be summarized as follows: to learn the typology of the contemporary masmedia: printmedia, electronic media and internet media; to analyze the texts from these media, mainly under the linguistic aspects, metaphoricity and idiomacity; to delineate the major differences between "boulevard" and "serious" print media; differentiation of the text types; tendency to overlap the text types, "boulevardisation".
- Learning outcomes
- Students will be able to:
analyze publishing texts of the newer linguistic trends, with regard to metaphors and idioms
distinguish the "serious" media and "boulevard" according to their language using
distinguish and characterize the text types in print and online media, or their overlaping and influencing.
- Classification of the mass media; Historical aspects; Communicative aspects; Linguistic aspects, metaphors and idioms; text analysis from Der Spiegel, Bildzeitung; text types and their overlaping and influencing
- BURGER, Harald. Mediensprache : eine Einführung in Sprache und Kommunikationsformen der Massenmedien. Edited by Martin Luginbühl. 3., völlig neu bearbeitete. Berlin: Walter de Gruyter, 2005. x, 486. ISBN 3110173530. info
- LÜGER, Heinz-Helmut. Pressesprache. 2., neu bearbeitete Aufl. Tübingen: Max Niemeyer Verlag, 1995. 169 s. ISBN 348425128X. info
- BURGER, Harald. Sprache der Massenmedien. 2., durchges. und erw. Aufl. Berlin: Walter de Gruyter, 1990. 388 s. ISBN 3110123061. info
- Teaching methods
- lectures and class discussion, 2 hours a week
- Assessment methods
- Colloquium: written analysis of a text from print or online media
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further Comments
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2020/NJII_35B