FF:NJI_02A Phonetic - Course Information
NJI_02A German PhoneticFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. PhDr. Iva Zündorf, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Iva Zündorf, Ph.D.
Department of German, Scandinavian and Netherland Studies - Faculty of Arts
Supplier department: Department of German, Scandinavian and Netherland Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Tue 8:00–9:40 J21
- Not specified.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 22 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 19/22, only registered: 0/22
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- German language and literature (programme FF, B-NJ_) (3)
- Course objectives
- The course deals with subject, terminology and methods of German phonetics and phonology. Students will be informed on speech production, phonation and articulation, on system of German vocals and consonants, coarticualation resp. assimilation as well as on stress, intonation and phonetic mistakes from the point of view of Czech German L2-speakers.
- Learning outcomes
- Upon completion of the course the student will be able to apply the theoretical knowledge of German pronunciation rules; he or she will be able to identify pronunciation mistakes and correct them; He or she will also master the basic rules of pronunciation training in German as a foreign language.
- 1. Phonetics, phonology, phonetic transcription, pronunciation training 2. Speech production 3. Classification of sounds 4. Vocals I 5. Vocals II 6. Diphthongs 7. Consonants I 8. Consonants II 9. Coarticulation 10. Stress 11. Intonation 12. Phonetic mistake, correction
- recommended literature
- RAUSCH Rudolf, RAUSCH Ilka. Deutsche Phonetik für Ausländer.Langenscheidt. 1991.
- KRECH, Eva-Maria. Deutsches Aussprachewörterbuch. Edited by Walter Haas - Ingrid Hove - Peter Weisinger. Berlin: Walter de Gruyter, 2009. xi, 1076. ISBN 9783110182026. info
- KOVÁŘOVÁ, Alena. Úvod do fonetiky a fonologie němčiny (Introduction into German Phonetics and Phonology). 1. vyd. Brno: Tisk OL Print Šlapanice, 2003. 60 pp. ISBN 80-210-3263-4. info
- Teaching methods
- Seminar; pronunciation practice of German. individual training and training in groups, phonemic shadowing Homework, active autonomous study.
- Assessment methods
- The written examination checks the theoretical knowledge and IPA transcription skills. The oral part deals with phonetic rhymes and standard pronunciation.
- Language of instruction